Trip meter problem

Bubbaslye

Anyone ever run into this issue before?

I always set Trip Meter 1 when I buy gas, and I almost always set Trip Meter 2 to zero when I begin a ride; I like to clock both my mileage and how far I've ridden that particular day.

Today, after a 200 mile loop through the few remaining genuinely rural roads around Charleston, I discovered to my dismay that Trip Meter 2 no longer resets to zero.

Any suggestion for a "fix" I might try? As the bike's still under warranty, I'm reasonably hopeful it can be fixed, but I would prefer to avoid going that route.

Your recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks!

randy1149

I made up this post about pressing the wrong button to reset this simple function of the B button. If you forget which button (B) to reset the trip meter and you press and hold the A button by mistake the entire gauge is locked up for 15 seconds and if you press the B button within that 15 seconds your gauge will go into program mode, flashing the number of your display light level. The A button "acts" as if it is stuck on... for 15 seconds. At that point you can get out of the program mode by holding the A & B buttons until your back to normal. Alternatively if you realize you did press the A button by mistake, don't press anything and wait 15 seconds for the A button to recycle back to normal.

Last edited: