2014 CTX700 naked

ofdave

SOLD 2014 CTX700 naked SOLD

things change and my CTX is for sale
2014 naked, manual, fast red
aftermarket Givi E22 bags and MRA windshield with x screen, service manual, brake light modulator, stebel horn
less than 5000 miles on Dunlop Roadsmart III's
17046 mi. (may go up slightly), oil & filter change (Castrol 4T full synthetic, Bosch filter) at 16800.
Valve adjustment at 16,800.
The bike is in fantastic condition, see the pics - can send more pics if needed
$3,000.00, clear Fl titleP1010298.jpgP1010547 - Copy.JPGP1010365.jpgP1010547.jpg

put on Craig's list at 6am today-sold at 1:30pm today
damn I miss it already

Last edited:

pipster326

Ofdave, I'm sure you have your reasons, for selling your bike. It won't be long, until someone buys that awesome machine.
What aftermarket exhaust is that in the first picture? How does it sound?

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mister Hand

Ofdave.... great pics. You have done with your tank decal (after removing ctx lettering) what I would like to do. I took off the CTX lettering and like the look. Where did you get the logo? And any advice on how to attach? Lots of nice mods on your bike.

I'm sure many people on this forum will be sad to see you go.

Do you have another bike in mind? The big philosophical question on my mind (one of the really transcendental ones) is: can one motorcycle ever really be enough?

Cheers,
Tony

MJC

Super Moderator
ofdave, Good luck on the sell. I am not going to ask why, but will hope you return to this forum from time to time has you are always welcome. Thank you for being part of this forum, I have enjoyed reading your posts and input/info on the CTX.

ofdave

hey all
thanks for the kind words
a medical issue is taking me from two wheels to three
the exhaust in the one pic is a Muzzi. I sold it and went back to stock about a year ago. It now lives on a CB500F where it sounds better.
The Honda decal was purchased on Ebay. It had the Honda wording below the wing and I just cut that part off. "Honda" is already on the bike in several places, didn't need two more. They come in 2 sizes, mine is the small. The seller I bought from is no longer there but others are available. Peel and stick after cleaning with an alcohol wipe. Measure twice-stick once!
I love my bike as you know from my postings and this is a difficult decision to say the least. No doubt I will lurk.
Now, all that being said, someone here or her/his friend needs this bike.

pipster326

Thanks, ofdave
I haven't been on the forum for very long, but I have read many of your posts. Also enjoyed the photos too. You have very useful information. Hope you will still drop in from time to time. Best of luck with your health.

Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ofdave

a very sad day today
put on Craig's List about 8am and it was sold at 1:30pm.
first caller, first looker

MJC

Super Moderator
ofdave "put on Craig's list at 6am today-sold at 1:30pm today
damn I miss it already"

Great to hear you sold the bike,
Sorry you miss it already. When I sold my Nomad to get my ctx700, I missed that bike even before I sold it. Hopefully you had her long enough to make some great memories.
I maybe following suit soon, just trying to make a few more memories first.
Wishing you all the best, mj

Steven

I sold my truck on Craig's list in one day too. The guy was very happy to have it.

mjc, don't give it up till you ride this way next year.

MJC

Super Moderator
I sold my truck on Craig's list in one day too. The guy was very happy to have it.

mjc, don't give it up till you ride this way next year.

Steven, I am trying my best to keep going, I may have to trailer the bike to IN, and set up a base camp at my kids place, but I will make it next year.
I was just trying to tell ofdave that he is not alone. Things happen and at some point we all are going to have to stop riding on 2 wheels. What we do and how we do it to leave the two wheels behind is so hard on some that they just need to know they are not alone. If I had not found the ctx DCT I would had to stop riding and that winter of thinking it was over was very hard for me so I can understand maybe a little better what ofdave is going thru. Whatever I have to do to my bike for me to keep riding longer I will. But I know at some point it will be over, something for me that I thought would be much later in life but health issues are cursing me to think about much sooner. Happy riding to everyone for has long has they can...........mj

Things happen and at some point we all are going to have to stop riding on 2 wheels. What we do and how we do it to leave the two wheels behind is so hard on some that they just need to know they are not alone.

This year I made the decision that I was no longer going to do vintage road racing, vintage MX, vintage trials, or actually anything at all vintage (but I'll still have one modern RR project bike to sit next to the CTX project). Since I started racing "vintage" bikes when they were new in 1971 it is difficult to call it quits on something that has been part of my self image for 45+ years.

I'm not being forced into that due to medical issues so I'm making a choice and not having the change forced on me. But even though it is voluntary, it doesn't mean it is easy to make the change. Having the decision to stop riding (or even only stopping some riding) imposed doesn't sound at all appealing. I hope the move to 3 wheels "works" for ofdave.

cheers,
Michael