Highway pegs

Steven

These are the highway pegs I installed. I really like them. They make riding a great deal more comfortable. I think they look a little odd, but who cares. BTW, while I was stopped here a fellow drove by and complemented the bike.

That was during a 300 mile shake down ride for the pegs and the seat. I did get some bad gas and that was a bit of a problem. I thought my valves went out of spec all of a sudden, but it began running better after I refilled the tank. The upgraded suspension was working great, granted it didn't ride like a Goldwing, but it certainly handled whatever I threw at it. I even went down washboard gravel roads and that wasn't an issue. I usually keep it under 25mph on gravel, just so you know.

Highway pegs 1 small.jpg

Highway pegs 2 small.jpg

Highway pegs 3 small.jpg

Last edited:

Steven

Thanks, the compliment is appreciated. We all love the CTX here. I know in my heart that when a Harley goes by and see my bike they are thinking they should have gotten a Honda. :rolleyes:

burdicda

Sooo Steven....

Those crazy iron guard bars fit a fairing model CTX ?????

Or you had to bend em and reweld em ??

Steven

No bending, they were made to fit both faired and unfaired bikes.

Right now they are hard to find. I just sent an email to the guy that sold them in Russia to see if they still make them.

This is the seller: http://stores.ebay.com/crazyironshop/

I asked them to add the CTX700 bars to their list and if they do I'll update this.

I bought these a while back thinking that the CTX700 model bike had a limited lifespan, so I figured I'd get them while they were still available. One day I found myself in deep sand and let me tell you that the CTX doesn't do well in sand with street tires. I wasn't going very fast but I had no control over the bike. I remember thinking about all the damage to the plastic that would occur if I went down, that's why I got these.

Besides, they make a great place to put highway pegs. I have a 32 inch inseam and where I put the pegs is just perfect. Of course I also have a backrest and a wide seat and with all that it's very comfortable.

Last edited:

Steven

If anyone is interested Crazy Iron said they would relist the crash bars again in a couple of days. BTW, they appear to be well made and installation is straight forwards. I don't know how they compare to the other model that was talked about on a different thread, but this gives people another choice.