Me and my CTX Visit Martha's Vineyard

Steven

I've watched many biking videos and one thing about yours are that they tell a story, good job!

Last edited:

ofdave

That took me back in time. I spent time on the Vineyard working for a little airline out of Boston back in the late '60's. Yeah, I'm that old.
It's interesting to see the towns I spent time in. It's also interesting to see the amazing number of buildings that weren't there. Don't think there was a single condo when I lived there. Southbeach was nearly desolate. I remember body surfing alone and being hit/rolled by a wave. Had I not hit bottom I would never have known which way was up to the surface and air-never did it again.
Gay Head and the light are beautiful and were back then too. Edgartown was the high falutin part with Oak Bluffs for the common man.
The Lamppost in Oak Bluffs was a favorite watering hole as was Ralph's Café (pronounced cafe, like safe) in Edgartown. I stayed in a house in Edgartown that was the home of the surgeon general to George Washington, right across the street from a cemetery dating back to the late 1700's.
The ferry ride is a fun trip. If you get a chance try to get to Nantucket-not as large for a ride but fun also.
Thanks for the memories.

Geophizz

That took me back in time. I spent time on the Vineyard working for a little airline out of Boston back in the late '60's. Yeah, I'm that old.
It's interesting to see the towns I spent time in. It's also interesting to see the amazing number of buildings that weren't there. Don't think there was a single condo when I lived there. Southbeach was nearly desolate. I remember body surfing alone and being hit/rolled by a wave. Had I not hit bottom I would never have known which way was up to the surface and air-never did it again.
Gay Head and the light are beautiful and were back then too. Edgartown was the high falutin part with Oak Bluffs for the common man.
The Lamppost in Oak Bluffs was a favorite watering hole as was Ralph's Café (pronounced cafe, like safe) in Edgartown. I stayed in a house in Edgartown that was the home of the surgeon general to George Washington, right across the street from a cemetery dating back to the late 1700's.
The ferry ride is a fun trip. If you get a chance try to get to Nantucket-not as large for a ride but fun also.
Thanks for the memories.

Was that TV series "Wings" about you?

ofdave

no, phizz
Wings was on Nantucket.
But I do have some crazy airplane and people stories that would make you grin.
It was a very good time in my life-many good memories.