Me and my CTX Don;t get out much Lately

Steven

I haven't rode mine much either. I'm still setting it up for a trip. I did order a Russel Day Long Seat which should be here maybe this week. I've got new sprockets and chain coming so I'll be installing those and new tires. I finished building my new computer, it sure is pretty!, I'm getting back to the bike now.

I did go for a ride yesterday, it was beautiful out. The trouble is that I want to go much further. I've been everywhere within a hundred miles or more a number of times and it's time to take the next step. There aren't many natural wonders where I live, so it's hours and hours of corn and bean fields. BTW, I'm thinking about taking Route 20 at least to the Black Hills of South Dakota, has anyone here done that?

randy1149

I haven't rode mine much either. I'm still setting it up for a trip. I did order a Russel Day Long Seat which should be here maybe this week. I've got new sprockets and chain coming so I'll be installing those and new tires. I finished building my new computer, it sure is pretty!, I'm getting back to the bike now.

I did go for a ride yesterday, it was beautiful out. The trouble is that I want to go much further. I've been everywhere within a hundred miles or more a number of times and it's time to take the next step. There aren't many natural wonders where I live, so it's hours and hours of corn and bean fields. BTW, I'm thinking about taking Route 20 at least to the Black Hills of South Dakota, has anyone here done that?

Americade starts next week June 6th in Lake George NY if you want a longer ride. Make a reservation first.

Steven

Thanks for that Randy, but I think I'm going to head north west towards Montana then head south towards Denver. In the Fall, I was thinking about going to Utah after the crowds go home. I'm really like those big open spaces, one man, one machine kind of a thing. I may hit Yellowstone and the Tetons again, I'll play it by ear.

Geophizz

This weather is driving me crazy. So far I've ridden fewer miles this year than last year at the same time. And I had a three month head start this year.

Woodswoman

This weather is driving me crazy. So far I've ridden fewer miles this year than last year at the same time. And I had a three month head start this year.

It has been awful, hasn't it? And no immediate prospect of improvement, either. <Sigh!>

Steven

It's been very nice around here. I always seem to get a late start, but every time I go out, I just want to keep on going and going! I lack the words to describe it, but mentally and emotionally, every ride feels like I'm on vacation.

Woodswoman, I'm getting my RDL seat on Monday. Admittedly, I really like the stock seat, but it's only good for about 200 miles before I start to squirm. I had a custom seat on my other bike and there was no limit to the amount of time I could spend in the saddle.

Heads up... I bought a rain jacket from Farm and Fleet which you folks might want to look at. It's breathable and makes a great wind breaker when it's not raining. Also, it packs down into a very small bag so it doesn't take much room on the bike. I can't attest to it's waterproofness as it hasn't rained.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/g-5020-work-n-sport-mens-waterproof-breathable-jacket.html

Woodswoman

Woodswoman, I'm getting my RDL seat on Monday. Admittedly, I really like the stock seat, but it's only good for about 200 miles before I start to squirm. I had a custom seat on my other bike and there was no limit to the amount of time I could spend in the saddle.

I hope (and expect) you'll love your Russell Day-Long seat as much as I love mine, brother.

Geophizz

It has been awful, hasn't it? And no immediate prospect of improvement, either. <Sigh!>

I got to make up for it today before the rain started. 120 miles to, in and back from Newport RI. Now the weather man says the bike has to sit in the shed until next Sunday.

Steven

Here's the seat... time to ride it and see how it is. It feels firm, but we'll see. It sure is pretty!

Seat 1.jpgSeat 2.jpgSeat 3.jpg