Me and My CTX vs. The Indian Scout

ofdave

nice vid
Scout Sixty or Scout? Have not seen either Scout up close and personal.
So how is the rear suspension on the Scout? Have always wondered about the ride since the rear shocks are so flat.
A good thing about the Scout is that a 6 sp is still available and you have a choice of three colors.
Scout luggage options are pretty limited in my opinion. Maybe there are aftermarket choices?
Doesn't really matter though. My CTX does it for me-no need to go shopping.

Geophizz

nice vid
Scout Sixty or Scout? Have not seen either Scout up close and personal.
So how is the rear suspension on the Scout? Have always wondered about the ride since the rear shocks are so flat.
A good thing about the Scout is that a 6 sp is still available and you have a choice of three colors.
Scout luggage options are pretty limited in my opinion. Maybe there are aftermarket choices?
Doesn't really matter though. My CTX does it for me-no need to go shopping.

I rode the Scout, not the sixty. The ride was very nearly identical to the CTX, but just a little bit stiffer, and handling was a bit heavier than the CTX. The route they took us on didn't have any really big bumps, and we rode really slowly, so I didn't get a good read on the rear suspension, but I didn't notice anything special about it either way. The test ride made me even happier with my CTX.

Steven

I've been completely happy with my CTX. It suits the kind of riding I mostly do on a daily basis. I've not yet found myself yearning for a different bike.

Merlin III

I think I concur with the IP's ratings. Indians have a high coolness factor. CTX's, not so much. With MCs, coolness is a major factor, IMO.

ofdave

hey merlin,
if you are Cool to start with you can ride any bike!
I'm Cool even on an exercise bike.

well, maybe not so much

MJC

Super Moderator
I have never been on a Scout, but have tested the Victory Octane, which was put out just before the Scout and I think is like the Scout.

I liked the Octane for the price, which was about 10K. at the time. My Victory dealer has two in stock right now and told me I could have one for $8500, OTD. They do not make them anymore which I think is a plus, I like having a bike not that many people have. Kinda like having the CTX700. Anyway does not matter I am keeping what I have, I could never give up the DCT.

Coolness Factor? I do not think the ctx700 has any of that (for me anyway). I think there are many bikes out there that have the "Coolness Factor" but you have to be a Biker for that. If you are a Motorcyclist then that is 2nd or 3rd on the list, If you are a Rider like me, only thing that matters is, the next mile. It is Cool just to be riding.