• Lone Wolf

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Wolf Pack Member

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either/Both

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

AndrewC

I like to ride alone, it's just in my personality I've always liked to do things on my own and be on my own unless it's my girl but that's it, I really don't think I'd have fun riding with other people, it just seems uncomfortable for me.

Daboo

I'm more of the lone wolf rider, but I do lead group rides several times each summer.

In the Seattle area, there are few who ride all year long. When it rains or the temps get below 50F, the bikes get put inside the garage where they can stay nice and shiny. The result is that they are ridden maybe 3-4 months a year. So if someone around here says they have 20 years of riding experience, often they really have 3-4 months of experience repeated 20 times.

Then I find they want to either ride up close to you as if you're in some kind of group ride :rolleyes: ...or pass within your lane to prove I guess that they are a superior rider. :mad: I actually enjoy riding in the rain and 40F temps, just because those you see riding in those conditions, generally know what they are doing. :)

I'll lead a group ride in the summer, but I like to limit the size to 4-5 bikes. It makes it so much easier to find places to pull over, and you don't cause traffic problems. It also gives me a chance to look at the group and know beforehand, the experience level of each rider. Group rides of 20+ bikes are just not my cup of tea.

The other advantage to riding by yourself, is you can pull over at a moments notice to catch a snapshot of a scenic spot without having to worry about a group of riders.

Chris

Last edited:

Harald

I guess I'm the only one who swings both ways. ;)
I'm one of those crazy Seattle riders that you see out there when it's 35 degrees and raining or even when it's down to 17 degrees with no snow on the roads. I'll occasionally ride with other riders in a small group, but hate those huge groups otherwise known as "rolling roadblocks."

Since my wife got her endorsement a few years ago, I do more rides following her. I don't usually lead because I have a tendency to go too fast, so I let her set the pace at her comfort level. Although occasionally I let her know I'm going by to attack a specially nice set of curves at speeds much higher than she would be comfortable with. Then I just wait for her down the road. It's really nice having the Sena SMH10 communicators so we can talk while going down the road.

Chaos

I always considered myself something like a one man army, I have many good friends but I enjoy more to be alone with my thoughts riding into the night. I was in a few road trips with my mates, but we all have different personalities, and they are shown even when you are riding a bike: some go faster, some are reckless, some are to energetic and even if it's fun for a while after a time it begins to be exhausting.

Trellum

I'd actually love being part of a group, but for now I guess I'll just ride alone. I haven't seen that many riders over here, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find a group to join. I can always ride with my cousin tho ;)

jonnypop

Maybe one day all of us forumites can make a pack and ride together! haha

I probably prefer to be out on the road alone like a true free spirit. :)

firelily99

When I want to get away and unwind I want to be alone. No talking, no socializing, just the bike and I. I do the wolf pack thing occasionally but my main preference is to fly solo.

Oivas

I am both. My preference to be a lone wolf is nearly 60% and 40% as a group. I can only demarcate on time alone. So, if you were to ask where my heart was - I honestly wouldn't have an answer.

Steven

The most fun I've had was to ride alone and camp with another biker that I met on the trip. The next day we go our own way.

Merlin III

Same as Steven. All my really long rides have been a lone. It is tough and lonely, so I usually go out of my way to talk and interact with people I meet a long the way. I do attend National rallies and that is fun also.

Steven

I like that loneliness, it's peaceful and causes me to put the pressures of daily life on the back burner and reflect on my existence. I've gotten very talkative in my older age, I can't help myself. It seems strange that people seem so uptight and quiet in comparison. It's almost like they're afraid to talk. I do get quiet if I don't know the subject matter or if emotions are over the top like politics and such. Oh well.