Just in case you didn't get contacted to do survey for Honda

burdicda

Dear Honda Customer,

YOUR OPINION COUNTS!

Honda is currently gathering opinions about motorcycle features from the people most familiar with them - motorcycle owners like you.

You may own several motorcycles, but the one we are most interested in is the Africa Twin, VFR1200X, NC700X, or the CTX700. If you are not the primary rider of this motorcycle, please have the primary rider fill out this questionnaire.

We are interested in your story, and how/if your motorcycle enriches your life. This survey should take about 5-7 minutes to complete.

Please be assured that the information you provide us will be kept strictly confidential and used only for this one research study. No attempt to sell you anything will be made as a result of your participation in this study.

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion with us!

©2017 American Honda Motor Co., Inc., 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501.
Please do not reply to this email.
All information contained herein applies to U.S. vehicles only.
Please see our Privacy Policy.

http://links.honda.mkt015.com/ctt?k...NDc1ODMyNjI1S0&b=0&j=OTAzNjc4NDU5S0&mt=1&rt=0

ofdave

obviously the survey is really about the DCT in the bikes listed.
I checked CTX 700 6 sp. and boom-my survey was done!
I surmise Honda is looking for owner input on the DCT with ears open as to why owners like/don't like it.
The DCT will be in more bikes before you know it.
It will be interesting to see how Honda markets the various DCT equipped bikes based on the survey results.
I just wish it had been a valid survey about the bike models listed rather than a survey about the DCT.
I would share my opinion with Honda of their decision to offer the CTX with DCT only. The survey title is wrong, my opinion (and other non-DCT riders) does not count.

Last edited:

randy1149

dave, you have a legitimate complaint. However you have an option. The survey is not locked out after you do it. You can do it as many times as you like. Do it again and this time tell Honda how you feel.

ofdave

randy, if you check manual transmission., the survey is over and you are thanked for participating-no input allowed beyond checking the manual trans. box
I did re-enter and said I had a DCT just to read the survey

Last edited:

casper

It really is only about the dct. They're testing the idea in probably mist models. Notably the Goldwing. Offer an st with a dct and a toe shifter when in manual mode, I d have a new st in my garage tomorrow.

casper

And btw. Do you think honda is not watching these? You bet they are. They'd be stupid not to. Do you think yamaha is not? Or suzuki? They're here too. Why wouldn't you???

burdicda

OK Honda is pestering me to death to do a video shoot and send them all kinds of info and pictures...I don't have time for this...one of you "Rabid CTXers" pick up the call....I'm sure they will be contacting all of you before their done...they claim they are going to send video crew out to like 5 states to shoot videos for who knows....commercials....marketing....they want to really get into you and your bike...plenty of celebrities here....LOL

Here is their contact to me:

Actually I don't believe I would like to participate at this time in person...I don't mind you using any and all pictures I have already taken. My schedule would not allow me to be free for this, please contact others who have responded to your survey.

Thank You

http://www.greenknights36.com/gallery3/index.php/My-CTX-So-Far

On 02/02/2017 04:57 PM, kitahara ayumi wrote:

Dear Danny

This is in regards to /HONDA DCT Video shoot/ and I believe you have been in contact with HONDA USA on this.
My name is Ayumi from Mt. Melvil, the company in charge of this video production.
I will be your point of contact from now on.

At this time, we would like to request your pictures, and also would like to ask your availability for the shoot.
*1) Please provide us photos of yourself*
-Your Face, Full body
-You with Honda Bike
-Front, Side, and Back of your Honda
-If possible, please take a video with your smartphone and tell us who you are and where you want to go with your Honda.

*2) Please also provide us photos and some information on the places where you regularly go with/park your Honda bike.* *These places could be our shooting locations.
-For example, cafe, workplace, park, garage, backyard, etc..
-Give us the name and address of the places along with pictures

*3) Please show us what you usually wear when you ride the bike*
-Send us photos of your outfits (several variations if you have) and accessaries such as helmet, gloves, goggle
-We prefer ones without big brand logos

Please attach all the photos in the email and send back to me at [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>.
If the photos/videos are too big to send by email, please use this website below or any file-transferring site.
https://wetransfer.com/

*Shooting Schedule:*
The shoot is tentatively scheduled between _Feb 17th and 26th_.
Please tell us your availability during this period. Which dates would you be able to make yourself fully available for us?

HONDA will take all your circumstances into consideration and make the final decision.
I will keep you updated on this.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any question or concern.

Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.

Best regards,

Ayumi Kitahara
Production Coordinator
Cell: 818-441-8581

*Mt. MELVIL *
6021 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310.842.9750 office
www.mtmelvil.com <http://www.mtmelvil.com/>

Last edited:

burdicda

OK so over on our other favorite forum....they (the moderator Rebel13) just threw down the gauntlet and threatened me for selling something...by posting the above message...I could care less...I actually deleted their email (from Honda) the first time they sent it because who uses hotmail...hahaha

Then they (Honda or someone pretending to be) voice called me on the phone
So in the interest of maintaining neutrality here....
I do not recommend anyone do anything regarding the post I entered above...just be aware ...they are either a hoax or really serious
about finding someone with a CTX700 DCT to make a video for some reason....LOL

Steven

I decided not to go back, it just wasn't worth it to have to deal with those two. Besides, I was wasting too much time there and I have other interests, but that's just me, you folks know what your own needs are. As much as I love my CTX, there's just so much a person can say about it without repeating themselves. As for the future of the DCT, it's a winner in my book. The only thing holding it back is that I don't think most people even know about it and some that do don't realize it's benefits. It seems Honda is wanting to push this forwards and I consider it a good thing.