Got a welder and sewing machine

MJC

Super Moderator
Well a few months ago I got a sewing machine and for xmas I got a welder.

Been working on making parts for my ctx700. I was making a seat, started making the pan, padding etc. At the same time I am learning how to sew so I could make a seat cover. With the help of the welder I have been working on front engine (crush) guards. Well I am at the point of checking final fit of the seat before making the cover and also need to check on the mark up (made out of around tube cardboard) of the front guard....

so I lost the key to the garage (the only way in) on the same ring is the key to the bike.

Just letting everyone know what I am up too....

Hope you are having has much fun as I am.......

Steven

I thought of making my own seat too. It doesn't look incredibly hard to do which is easy to say coming from a person who hasn't done it before. :) Anyway, it seems to me that adding a little more padding and getting rid of that forwards tilt in the seat would go a longs way to improving it. Shape it sort of like the Corbin but with a little softer foam... Best of luck!

Merlin III

Ain't it great being retired! I just finished building my heated garage. Had my heat pumps get blown out by line spikes (no one will take responsibility), but they are on line now. So far, I have removed the seat from the bike. LOL!

MJC

Super Moderator
Update: We broke the garage door lock and installed a pad lock with a combination lock (no more key). We found the key ring, it was under the garbage can, I may have drooped the key ring and then some how put the garbage bin over it, it must have been on a wet day and at night when the temp fell the ring got glued under there. With the warm past few days, on garage day I went to move the garbage bin and there they where.

I had some things go and needed to replace them (stove, microwave) and now the furnace is leaking water, so the seat cover and crush guards have been put on hold for now.

I will let you know when I get back to the seat and guards, a long with the other things I was making for the bike.

Have a great day, spring will be here soon...

Last edited:

Woodswoman

So, so glad you found your bike keys, Mike!!

And I'm sorry to hear about your chronic pain and difficult financial situation. That totally blows.

Steven

It seems like when it rains it pours. Then everything is okay for a while, at least that's how it works in my life.

MJC

Super Moderator
So, so glad you found your bike keys, Mike!!

And I'm sorry to hear about your chronic pain and difficult financial situation. That totally blows.

Thank you. I will be fine, now I have more time to learn how to sew better.

MJC

Super Moderator
It seems like when it rains it pours. Then everything is okay for a while, at least that's how it works in my life.

Yep, I just keep in mind that there is someone out there that when it is pouring their roof is leaking....or their basement is flooding...

Things will get better. I just have a hard time thinking that I can no longer help the people with the leaking roofs or flooded basements.

BTW, heat pumps work well in Maine. They also work well in warmer temps for AC.