the '17 CTX

ofdave

Looks like only the faired model for 2017.
http://powersports.honda.com/2017/ctx700.aspx#CdeqwDPKHJd7JeI8.97
Interesting the Naked is shown as available but 2015 & 2016 models. And they are still featuring the CTX 1300 as a new '14. Wonder how many are sitting in crates?
Also interesting is that the naked CTX is in the "cruiser" section and the faired is in "Touring". What?
I cannot find a 6 speed version, only DCT. But then the Honda site is not user friendly in my opinion. And any color you want as long as it is red.
So us naked owners have what will not be a collector bike, just another forgotten Honda model
The CTX is a great bike that Honda has treated worse that Cinderella was treated by the step sisters.

Now all the rage is the new Rebel 500 https://powersports.honda.com/2017/rebel-500.aspx#KpSGFXgdelhzLcAY.97.
Sharp but not a relaxing ride to me. The engine has similar HP to ours but is higher revving.

Anyway, I'll have my CTX naked in the garage for a good while, in spite of Honda.

ofdave

There is one faired here at the dealer and he sold one 2 weeks ago-both '15s. The sold was a DCT, I think.
If you want one he can get it from the Atlanta warehouse in a week or so.

Steven

They should keep selling the naked version, many people like it. I rode mine naked for a while, meaning that I removed the fairing (not me unclothed) and it had it's good points. It felt a little lighter and had a really good view.

PA Dave

It would be a real loss if they stop doing the N version. If part of the idea is to draw in new riders, I think it has more appeal to 20 somethings than the faired "old man" version. (I say "old man" as a good natured joke...I like both). I don't know why Honda decides to reduce the line-up by killing of a version that really isn't that much different to produce.

ofdave

They should keep selling the naked version, many people like it. I rode mine naked for a while, meaning that I removed the fairing (not me unclothed) and it had it's good points. It felt a little lighter and had a really good view.

glad you clarified that, although now you've said what you said, there is a mental image I didn't want to see-argh