Good Boots...

ofdave

I have a pair also but 6" not 8"
More a work style than true motorcycle because of the laces.
They are really as comfortable as Steven said.
I like the fact that I can walk around in them. Many of my rides involve walking when off the bike and these boots have good soles and good support.
Plus, mine were under a hundred bucks (closeout at the local Honda dealer) which is waaay better than the 200+ buck bike boots that you can't walk in.

Woodswoman

Good ol' Bates. There must be 4 pair of 'em on Mike's side of the closet, from his Army days. Plus a pair of two of low quarters. Mike's hard on footwear, but these just last.

I like the idea that Bates now makes motorcycle boots. That company doesn't make any junk.

Shanghai Dan

I have a pair of Bates Talimenas as well as some Dainese Fulcrums. I mix them up... The Talimenas are serious boots, plenty strong with classic looks. The Daineses are traditional styled motorcycle boots. If I'm not walking when I arrive, I'll use them. For example, I ride to LAX and back weekly, working in SF for a few days a week. The Daineses come off and go into a saddlebag, and out come some nice comfy Merrell mocs.

But if I'm going somewhere to walk around a bunch, I use the Talimenas.

Woodswoman

One of the things I like about my CTX700 is that it has enabled me to wear 'normal' riding boots again. For years, I wore logger boots (Chippewa brand) because I needed the extra height they gave me to get my feet down and push around my heavy motorcycles.

Now I switch it up between Justin Ropers and Tourmaster Solution 2.0 boots. The Tourmasters have a side zipper for easy on-off, and they're waterproof. Kinda warm in high summer, though, and that's when the Justins come out.