Man! This New CTX700 is sweet!

purplesea

Just read a report here on the new CTX700! Looks promising!
"Honda has unveiled an all-new motorcycle line for 2014, the midsized CTX series. These new 670-cc models split conventional classifications to offer an automatic transmission and antilock brakes in an affordable bike that is well-suited to newer riders and those seeking a motorcycle with the latest features for ..."

auroraantoinette

Not yet, Looking really forward to it! Love the specs, the low seating helps me because i'm short, and the heated grips will help with the harsh winters in Colorado. Cant wait till i can get one.

jace

Wow.. The specs are good. The only thing i don't like is the automatic transmission because i am already use to shifting gear, but it will benefit a lot of beginners. Can't wait to test ride it.

Beanbags

I'm not even sure I can legally ride one yet, Australian motorcycle laws limit the amount of cc per license level. Sad face. Does anyone here own one yet, and if so how does it handle?

cebray95

Pretty good specs on it, but what really impresses me is the quality of the design. I think this bike has the potential to convert some people into ctx fans!:cool:

srinivas0812

Had a fantastic time reading the article. I just love my 2010 model, but eagerly waiting for the 2014 model. It just looks promising and I am gonna love it.

gregsfc

I don't think any CTXs have been delivered anywhere in the world at this point, but they've already shipped from Thailand. I've heard rumors that at least some of the configurations will start arriving June 1 or so at U.S. dealerships.

I don't know about whether these models will be available in Europe, Asia, or Australia. I think I've read articles from Canada expecting arrival in the Fall. I don't think Europe will get them. Heck, they've already got about four or five choices with the 700 power train. I think the CTXs are more Americanized designs. I have seen some google searches bring up some oriental language articles, so I'm assuming they are going to show up in some of the countries in Asia, but I don't know when or where exactly.

Catbird

I just received an email from my local dealer. He was advising me that they just received a black non-DCT CTX700 in yesterday and finished building it today and wanted to see if I was still interested. The answer is "yes" and have a 10:00 appointment tomorrow morning to take a look. :)

DewaltDakota

I just received an email from my local dealer. He was advising me that they just received a black non-DCT CTX700 in yesterday and finished building it today and wanted to see if I was still interested. The answer is "yes" and have a 10:00 appointment tomorrow morning to take a look. :)
Catbird, where are you located?

gregsfc

Is this actually a CTX700? or is it a CTX700N?

I received word from a Chattanooga dealer that Honda recently sent out a bulletin on the CTX700 models and stated that CTX700Ns will start shipping end of May and 1st part of June, but that the CTX700s (the fairing models) will not ship until some time in July. What I've heard and read is that if you want the DCT, you'll have to take it in black for CTX700N buyers, and, if you want the DCT in the CTX700 (fairing model), you'll have to take it in red, and that, the white CTX700s will not be available initially; only red in the beginning whether DCT or not. As far as I know, both red and black CTX700Ns will be available from the start if you want a standard transmission and brakes.

If the one you are going to look at has a fairing on it, then it is contrary to everything I've been told.

Dealership in Athens, TN states they have one shipping from Honda distribution on May 28 headed for their showroom, but that, it's a black CTX700ND (naked, DCT, ABS). I'm going to go and sit on it if I can before it sells. It's not the color, model, or configuration that I want, but it's the same basic bike, and I'd like to check it out.

The Chattanooga dealer also told me something that surprised me. He advised me that, if I wanted to get one of these before winter time, I should check their FB page daily and look for them to post that these models have arrived, and then I should reserve one immediately, because they've had a ton of interest in them. They'll be ordering 10 to 20 at a time and expect to sell most before they can display them. He told me that, even though they are ordering this many, Honda may not be able to send them all they want, because they are rushing up shipping and trying to get as many out as they can to as many dealers as they can, because they are such hot items.

I don't know if this is just hype to boost sales or if in fact, these new models are really that hot of an item coming in. If it is the latter, I'm surprised. I figured that the American motorcycle community would be looking at these with a big yawn. I've never known a motorcycle to be popular that makes so much sense from a practical stand point here in America. Initially I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get a dealer to order the one I want or have the one I want in stock, but now I worry of the opposite; If I'll be able to get one reserved before someone else does with me having the added complication of having to liquidate an eleven month old scooter before taking delivery on a new MC.

Catbird

Is this actually a CTX700? or is it a CTX700N?
...If the one you are going to look at has a fairing on it, then it is contrary to everything I've been told...

According to the salesman I spoke to on the phone, it's an all black, non fairing model with standard transmission.

I'm only checking it out to see if it suits my 6', 250lb. body. I want to actually feel for myself how comfortable the forward foot position is in conjunction with the seating position.

If everything goes well, I may put a depo$it on (and order) a black CTX700N DCT w/ ABS, heated grips, accessory 12v power socket and maybe a couple of additional basic "goodies".

Last edited:

Catbird

Here are just a few pics of the CTX700N that I saw at the dealer yesterday...

Attachments

• DSCN0011.jpg
    DSCN0011.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN0014.jpg
    DSCN0014.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 186

gregsfc

I want the fairing model in red. Standard transmission and brakes. Not due to start shipping to dealers until July. Might get the tall windshield and luggage rack if priced reasonably, or if they give me some kind of deal in the package, but most likely, I'll buy the stripped version and get aftermarket screen and luggage rack when they come out for half the price.