Outside temperature gauge.

BigO1987

Any recommendations for a temperature gauge that can go in instrument area or on bars? Had not had any luck finding something that works. Thanks!!!

randy1149

Here's my "solution" for a temp gauge, got it from ebay a while ago. Tried to install it as much in the "shade" of the fairing to get a fairly close reading... and ambient air circulates by the gauge up from the forks for better readings. But it still a "close enough" reading. The batteries last a couple of years. If and when it breaks my next one will have an external sensor you can mount somewhere without direct sun light shinning on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ofdave

I use an old airplane temp gauge mounted on the handlebar.
There are quite a few decent temp gauges on ebay or amazon. Marlin's makes some nice stuff-have seen a few on bikes.
I strongly recommend against ant product by Formotion. I got a clock and thermometer as a Christmas gift from one of my daughters a while back.
The second hand fell off the clock a week after I put it on. Contacted Formotion for a warranty repair or replacement and was told I needed a receipt.
I do not ask for a receipt when I get a gift so I couldn't provide one. They refused to stand behind their product. I would not use a formotion product as a paperweight.
Here's a pic of mine
P1010211.jpg

Steven

It's been a long time, but I used to use a stem thermometer stuck somewhere on the bike. It did the job and lasted forever.

Woodswoman

I strongly recommend against ant product by Formotion. I got a clock and thermometer as a Christmas gift from one of my daughters a while back.
The second hand fell off the clock a week after I put it on. Contacted Formotion for a warranty repair or replacement and was told I needed a receipt.
I do not ask for a receipt when I get a gift so I couldn't provide one. They refused to stand behind their product. I would not use a formotion product as a paperweight.

Interestingly, I had the *exact* same experience with the Formotion clock I was given as a gift, from losing the hand to the company's refusal to do anything because I had no receipt. What a p!ss off, for an expensive product!

Woodswoman

As to a thermometer, I want one, too, but can't for the life of me figure where to mount one that wouldn't simply roast in the direct sunlight.

My bike has no fairing, which doesn't help.

randy1149

As to a thermometer, I want one, too, but can't for the life of me figure where to mount one that wouldn't simply roast in the direct sunlight.

My bike has no fairing, which doesn't help.

Your best bet is a digital therm with an extended sensor that you can stick on somewhere away from the direct sun... under the head light or something and it doesn't matter where the meter itself is.