What year is your bike?

purplesea

I see. So you usually tend to lean towards the newer model of bikes? Do you like to make repairs on old bikes, or usually not?

auroraantoinette

I upgrade my bike every time a new one catches my eye, My latest is a 2010 and i'm waiting for this one so i can upgrade. It really depends on your preference.

jasonwright

The one I'm looking to get is the 2010 model too. I think it's perfect for open highways and cruising when there's no traffic :D

jace

I am a bike lover. I tend to change parts from my bike to new parts when it starts to get old. Now i think i need to upgrade to a newer bike because this one even with new parts has too much wear and tear. You can say i tend to cling on to my bike til the very end before upgrading.

BikerChick

Hello. I am relatively new to the biking community and my bike was just bequeathed to me. It belonged to a beloved uncle who passed away last year due to the big C. I think this bike was with him for 5 years or so. Uhhmmm... that would be 2007?

apriapism

It's a 2009, I'm probably going to upgrade in a few years. Maybe once I get tired of the one I'm driving now.

T

Toddy

I upgrade mine alot i dont like to be stuck with just one bike unlike other people.

sbskell

I have a 92' XL. I've only had it for a couple years, but I'm not going to get bored of it. I like breaking my bike down and cleaning it, too and you can't do that with a new bike! I guess a couple years down the road I can see myself trading it in for a BRAND NEW bike, the CTX700N really catches my eyes these days, but I would buy the bike after I don't want to deal with maintainence.

srinivas0812

I have a 2010 model. I love my bike and I thought I would never ever replace it with another one. But my decision started to fade away, until I got my eyes on the new 2014 model features and specifications. I am gonna upgrade my 2010 real soon.

Trellum

I bought mine quite recently, so I'm not thinking to upgrade it after... 5 or 6 years. We will see, since I might be moving to Europe very soon, I might get something else over there. I'm not excited about the idea, but oh well...!

wander_n_wonder

I bought mine about 5 years ago, year 2008. So far, I only had very few times that I need to have it repaired. Only when I overused it. Overall, it has been a reliable bike so I don't really see the need to upgrade it every so often.

Stallion

I upgrade my bike every few years. Even so I tend to keep my old bikes some time before I sell them.

I develop an emotional attachment with my bikes which is hard to let go. My bikes keep me happy and my moods generally depend on how my bikes are doing :).

willstat

I have a 2010 model. I bought it about a year and a half ago from my friend who had arthritis in his knees and decided to give up motorcycles. His loss and my gain. I love my ctx so much. It has a good number of miles on it but I've had no mechanical problems yet, thankfully.

Chaos

I have a 2006 Yamaha R6. It's a great bike, affordable, pretty easy to ride and looks great. I never had a problem with it, and even if it doesn't compare to it's big brother the R1, you can have fun and rich nice speed's.

novasparker

I buy a bike that catches my attention. I don't always buy new and actually have bought a few off Craigslist. I have a 2009 Harley Davidson that I bought from the dealership a year old, a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard that I traded for from a private party and I just sold a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa that I bought cash from a guy in Alabama. I didn't purchase any of these new and will keep them until they no longer interest me and something else catches my eye. There is no specific trading schedule that I follow when it comes to my motorcycles.