Problem with Cee Bailey wind screen....

BigO1987

On a ride this afternoon, the windscreen detached and fell back an inch or two. I recently put on a MRA screen, clamp on. It caused flex and likely caused it to detach. What is the fix for this? The dealer put on the CB. Thanks!!!!

casper

It's the support under the edge of the screen. The screen is taller. Lots of wind pressure. Just needs a ittle help at the
bottom of it.

BigO1987

It's the support under the edge of the screen. The screen is taller. Lots of wind pressure. Just needs a ittle help at the
bottom of it.

Is there a way or trick to strengthen the connections? I think I remember something about such a thing from the other site. Thank you.

Steven

If you're talking about the faired version, then the solution is to put rubber or thick foam between the shield and the fairing at the point where the shield starts to go above the bikes fairing. This acts as a brace. I had the same problem until I did this, even without the MRA screen. With the MRA screen it was awful. Bracing the CB shield like I said solved it completely.

In case I wasn't clear...

If you're sitting on the bike looking down the CB shield and you see a gap between the shield and the bikes fairing, that gap is what needs to be filled with something firm enough to support the shield in heavy winds. I've gone 95 mph with the MRA and I get zero flex.

BigO1987

If you're talking about the faired version, then the solution is to put rubber or thick foam between the shield and the fairing at the point where the shield starts to go above the bikes fairing. This acts as a brace. I had the same problem until I did this, even without the MRA screen. With the MRA screen it was awful. Bracing the CB shield like I said solved it completely.

In case I wasn't clear...

If you're sitting on the bike looking down the CB shield and you see a gap between the shield and the bikes fairing, that gap is what needs to be filled with something firm enough to support the shield in heavy winds. I've gone 95 mph with the MRA and I get zero flex.

Anyway to get a picture of this??? Also, what material did you use to do this? Thank you for the info. Once I reattach my CB, I will do what you say.

Steven

I can't get a picture right now, but watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgF-54XOy2s

At 5:48 seconds into the video you can see the rubber strip on the stock oem shield. When she installs her CB shield she doesn't put any rubber or foam back. Her mistake, but I think she went back and did it latter.

I had some thick dense speaker foam with a sticky back which I stuck to the top of the bikes fairing just above the opening behind where the shield is mounted. You can use a different material than what I used and install it with thick double backed tape. Just remember the material needs to be dense so that it doesn't compress too much. So, dense foam or maybe even a rubber bungee cord might work, cut to fit of course.

I used something like this : http://www.parts-express.com/sonic-barrier-1-acoustic-sound-damping-foam-with-psa-18-x-24--260-525

Speaker foam.jpg

It's pretty thick, but it compresses down nicely.