Trouble in Paradise.

randy1149

Seems there some dissension in the old ctx700 forum. A member not happy the way the forums going, gets told basically to leave by one of the mods with political demo-graphs directly inserted to all his posting. In violation by the forum that "does not" allow anything with political overtones... except the mods.

BTW the aforementioned thread was closed so nobody else could join in. Link http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx700-general-discussion-forum/54914-ctx-700-forum.html

I don't totally agree with the member but, it's the out and out a kick in the face when the mods can insert political junk within their post in a forum that bans politics? WTF?

Last edited:

Merlin III

The moderators just don't get it do they? Mr. Daniels was only respectfully making an observation. Rebel 13 is offensive to me in so many ways. For the life of me, I can't believe that the owners of the site can possibly want him as a representative of their site. I am so glad I am out of there.

randy1149

I agree Rebel never plays the peace maker. He's always the first to jump in and jump on with aggressive remarks and negative graphics. I can't believe it either they keep him. The admin must know by now how a lot of member feel.

fergy

I tried jumping in on that thread to calm things down, but there is no reasoning. I was asking the moderator to moderate! He wanted to know why I was angry, but of course, he's the one with the anger issues. And the political stuff is just over the top. Not good.

randy1149

I tried jumping in on that thread to calm things down, but there is no reasoning. I was asking the moderator to moderate! He wanted to know why I was angry, but of course, he's the one with the anger issues. And the political stuff is just over the top. Not good.

Yes we saw you trying to calm things down. There was absolutely no reason for Rebel to come out of the blocks with negative attacks on Mdaniels. Mdaniels post was his thoughts of the way the forum was going and should go. Rebel for whatever reason took that (like most of this type) in a negative way and jumped all over Mdaniels. Of course jfc had to climb in with his "totally worthless" evaluation of the post.

But my straw that broke the camels back as Rebel last post on the thread:
It is not shouting, it is a bold statement! For one I was being called out while doing nothing wrong. That is an infraction upon the forums bylaws. Two, stepping on mine or anyone else's legal rights again will call for action as a moderator. You shouldn't be angry at me, but for what @Mdaniels4 is implying!

Rebel, your a sick puppy. What called out? You did nothing wrong? Infractions of bylaws? Stepping on your legal and moderators rights? R U $hitting me?

You need psychiatric help. In any other forum that response to a member would probably get YOU banned or at least a few weeks suspension... considering of your history of over the top attacks to members, it should be a ban. Please explain how the political crap all over your post don't violate the rules of no politics, you even change them as the election evolves?

Do us all a favor and resign. We have you on a short lease!

Woodswoman

I tried jumping in on that thread to calm things down, but there is no reasoning.

Saw that, too, fergy. It was a good try.

I dropped MDaniels4 a note to remind him that he's welcome to come visit with us "expatriots" over here.

casper

I'm the instigator. :)

Seems there some dissension in the old ctx700 forum. A member not happy the way the forums going, gets told basically to leave by one of the mods with political demo-graphs directly inserted to all his posting. In violation by the forum that "does not" allow anything with political overtones... except the mods.

BTW the aforementioned thread was closed so nobody else could join in. Link http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx700-general-discussion-forum/54914-ctx-700-forum.html

I don't totally agree with the member but, it's the out and out a kick in the face when the mods can insert political junk within their post in a forum that bans politics? WTF?

First of all I'd like to start by saying thank you to fergy and Woodswoman for their very logical and rational approach, and replies to all of this. Most importantly for the virtual friendship I've received from alot of folks. Although I legally changed my name to Casper here, only because it's my name on the Crossfire forum I belong to, I have a white one, my new member intro clearly states my former no de plume.

To clear the air, there was, and is, alot of nonsense over there. I did not get banned, although to be honest I thought it coming. There was an incident re a t shirt post. The other day one member in particular used strong language voicing his contempt for it, and everything non ctx related. Interesting that this commenter had been on that site voicing his displeasure twice, saying it was inappropriate, he wont partake of it, this not fun, yada yada yada. Didnt acknowlede the many who commented without dragging real politics into it. Truly, for those involved there was no real this or that political messaging. That's amazing by itself these days. Many tried civilly to discuss this whole thing. Within a few posts it was shut down for divisiveness. I pm'd the moderator to reopen it but the answer was no. And no further discussion.

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to flush it out into the open. I specifically proposed nothing but ctx700 related items and posts. I wasn't nasty, I was firm in my postings around it, but if any of them understood any of my previous posts they'd understand the sarcasm of it all. I simply cannot abide hypocrisy and right now over there it's extremely prevalent. So i just gave them ehatvthey ssked for, but then it was all about all the fun of talking about different stuff, not in fact just the ctx. Go figure. Which by the way i knew thst was gonna happen. One fellow saw it for what it was yet was kind enough to delete it when I asked. I didn't want the flames to be fanned any further. The funny thing is two mods came after me publicly yet actually supported what I was saying in the first place. I also chose to let them rant on it. Free speech, hurting no one is not a value to be moderated. You don't like it, don't look at it. Dont keep coming back to it and keep complaining about how you're not having any fun.

I had no intention of keeping it going. I just wanted again to flush out the nonsense, and who was really behind it. I found out. Extremely juvenile in my opinion, but if it works for them have at it. I just don't feel it works for mr, and I've been told many times this group is very nice and much more open, following the rules of both free speech, yet with civility and no harmful intent. I like that and embrace those ideals. That's what adults do.

I don't say all this to bash the other group. They're people too. But they are afraid to speak out because there is summary execution in being banned and shunned. Quite frankly, the level of bullying behaviors is extensive. I'm trying here to be as open and transparent about the recent event. Of course it's seen through my lenses, but I think I fairly summed up the situation over there. I learned a very long time ago to say what you like but support what you say. I've also added to that yo do anything you like as long as you hurt yourself or no one else in the process.

Always feel free to espouse your own views. I feel its everyone's absolute right to do that. Should you disagree with me at all, I actually am cool with it because that's how I learn a different viewpoint and who you are. If I disagree with anyone or anything here, as I did over there, please know it not cones from personal animosity at all. If I ever offend anyone, please let me know so that I can either apologize as it was inadvertent or at least to have the courtesy to explain a bit better. Written postings are a terrible venue for understanding.

Thank you all who read this for your time and your consideration. I just wanted to clear the air. Mark.

casper

I'm the instigator on the dark side. :)

First of all I'd like to start by saying thank you to fergy and Woodswoman for their very logical and rational approach, and replies to all of this. Most importantly for the virtual friendship I've received from alot of folks. Although I legally changed my name to Casper here, only because it's my name on the Crossfire forum I belong to, I have a white one, my new member intro clearly states my former no de plume.

To clear the air, there was, and is, alot of nonsense over there. I did not get banned, although to be honest I thought it coming. There was an incident re a t shirt post. The other day one member in particular used strong language voicing his contempt for it, and everything non ctx related. Interesting that this commenter had been on that site voicing his displeasure twice, saying it was inappropriate, he wont partake of it, this not fun, yada yada yada. Didnt acknowlede the many who commented without dragging real politics into it. Truly, for those involved there was no real this or that political messaging. That's amazing by itself these days. Many tried civilly to discuss this whole thing. Within a few posts it was shut down for divisiveness. I pm'd the moderator to reopen it but the answer was no. And no further discussion.

After thinking long and hard about it, I decided to flush it out into the open. I specifically proposed nothing but ctx700 related items and posts. I wasn't nasty, I was firm in my postings around it, but if any of them understood any of my previous posts they'd understand the sarcasm of it all. I simply cannot abide hypocrisy and right now over there it's extremely prevalent. So i just gave them ehatvthey ssked for, but then it was all about all the fun of talking about different stuff, not in fact just the ctx. Go figure. Which by the way i knew thst was gonna happen. One fellow saw it for what it was yet was kind enough to delete it when I asked. I didn't want the flames to be fanned any further. The funny thing is two mods came after me publicly yet actually supported what I was saying in the first place. I also chose to let them rant on it. Free speech, hurting no one is not a value to be moderated. You don't like it, don't look at it. Dont keep coming back to it and keep complaining about how you're not having any fun.

I had no intention of keeping it going. I just wanted again to flush out the nonsense, and who was really behind it. I found out. Extremely juvenile in my opinion, but if it works for them have at it. I just don't feel it works for mr, and I've been told many times this group is very nice and much more open, following the rules of both free speech, yet with civility and no harmful intent. I like that and embrace those ideals. That's what adults do.

I don't say all this to bash the other group. They're people too. But they are afraid to speak out because there is summary execution in being banned and shunned. Quite frankly, the level of bullying behaviors is extensive. I'm trying here to be as open and transparent about the recent event. Of course it's seen through my lenses, but I think I fairly summed up the situation over there. I learned a very long time ago to say what you like but support what you say. I've also added to that yo do anything you like as long as you hurt yourself or no one else in the process.

Always feel free to espouse your own views. I feel its everyone's absolute right to do that. Should you disagree with me at all, I actually am cool with it because that's how I learn a different viewpoint and who you are. If I disagree with anyone or anything here, as I did over there, please know it not cones from personal animosity at all. If I ever offend anyone, please let me know so that I can either apologize as it was inadvertent or at least to have the courtesy to explain a bit better. Written postings are a terrible venue for understanding.

Thank you all who read this for your time and your consideration. I just wanted to clear the air. Mark.

casper

Just out of curiosity, did my post on this get through, or didn't save, because I did wish to explain how this all came about. No forum rules broken here. Trust me on that. I may just not have saved correctly in the new formatting. But it really was to clear the air about the latest. No bashing. Really! I suspect it didn't since more of my posts did. I think y'all would find it interesting in conversation. I said it in and through my lens. But I think I was fair about it. I did sincerely appreciate your commentary fergy.

Last edited:

Steven

Casper, like I told you before, I really don't care about what people talk about. If I'm interested I will read it and if not, I will not condemn anyone for speaking their mind. As for politics, I couldn't care in the least because I have no control over it and it's so messed up that I have to shake my head and walk away.

If you've ever watched "Joe Versus the Volcano", my favorite quote is "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." This is how I feel when I watch what is happening in the world.

It doesn't matter what the subject matter is, people see the same things differently.

It's like this...

Back in 1982 Argentina and the United Kingdom were at war over who owned the Falkland Islands. The island was settled by people from the U.K. and had been for a very long time, hence the U.K. claimed the island was part of their domain. However, Argentina claimed that it was theirs about 200 years ago and was wrongly taken from them. To this day, they still claim the island and teach their children that it belongs to Argentina. Anyway, back then a coworker told me that the U.K. should return the island to Argentina because it had belonged to them 200 years ago. I told him that the land his house was on belonged to the Indians 200 years ago and asked him how he felt about returning that land back to them. He didn't say another word and walked away.

It's easy to have opinions about what other people are doing, but it's entirely different when it involves you personally.

I hope this isn't too far over the top.

casper

the tensions on the dark side are heating up as we speak. Like steven I could care less either. What I do care about is bullying behavior. Wherever it happens and whatever it looks like. That gets my dander up, because I see absolutely no point in it EXCEPT to hurt someone else. That I will call out, and take the lumps as they come. I remember that war, one of the goofiest things I could see at the time. But Britain had to protect it's citizens somehow, but man I thought even at the time it didn't need to come to that. I've never seen Joe vs the volcano, but that point sure is correct.

randy1149

casper, your post on the 3rd page hit all the nails on the head. I'm in the same camp when it comes to bullying. There's no question the forum is crumbling within. You have members who think the constitution gives them the right to say anything they won't to anyone else and if you don't like it leave, example is nick13 reply to Effem Tee initial post, exactly what they did to you for just making suggestions on the forum.

They seem confused between the different opinions on issues or topics vs. individual personal attacks to anther individual. These people think they have the right to bully given to them by the US Constitution? That 's twisted logic. They are also confused believing politics is the problem in the forum? They can't even agree on what's the right behavior between members. I think you've put that to rest with that aforementioned post. As long as members put up with Rebel13 and jfc antics the forum will never get fixed. The fact that Rebel13 and jfc have not chimed in also speaks volumes. Must be a lot of internal emails flying around.

Last edited:

Merlin III

With free speech comes responsibilities. Sure, people shouldn't get easily offended, but at the same time, people should be considerate of those in the community and avoid off topic subjects (non-motorcycle related) that are inflammatory or offensive. There are
plenty other specific sites available for that.

Last edited:

ofdave

noticed yet another thread by the bumbler (aka jfc) taking time to bash Harleys and state as fact, an opinion.
Someone (cheezwhiz) is taking him to task on that but he will not listen.
If he sticks to facts he often says good thing-when he shoots from the hip-not so much.
This place is starting to cook-a good thing for all.

popeyoni

I'm switching forums too

I also am sick of the bullying and bad behavior over there.

There are two topics well known to create discord: Religion and Politics.
These topics have no place in a forum about motorcycles.
They alienate people instead of creating a community.

It is extremely obnoxious to have politics shoved in your face when you're there to relax and talk about bikes.
However, in that forum, when somebody points this out, they get ganged upon, shot down and demeaned by the moderators.

I'm switching forums in the hope that the moderators here are more professional and the members more civilized.

(BTW, I'm using the same name here)

Merlin III

I also am sick of the bullying and bad behavior over there.

There are two topics well known to create discord: Religion and Politics.
These topics have no place in a forum about motorcycles.
They alienate people instead of creating a community.

It is extremely obnoxious to have politics shoved in your face when you're there to relax and talk about bikes.
However, in that forum, when somebody points this out, they get ganged upon, shot down and demeaned by the moderators.

I'm switching forums in the hope that the moderators here are more professional and the members more civilized.

(BTW, I'm using the same name here)
Those were exactly my thoughts. Welcome to here. I don't know if even there are moderators here?

randy1149

popeyoni, welcome and have fun. There are NO moderators here. There is the Admin and that's it. Most of us here came from "the other side" also because of the same problems you so accurately described. So I don't think some rogue member joins to start trouble would last long.

Last edited:

randy1149

I agree Steve, however the "one bad apple can ruin a bushel" syndrome can certainly be applied here. I like most of the people there too. I visit there about the same time as here, however I won't post to help the forum and sadly the members because I am tacitly approving of the bulling by the 2 "bad apples" that are doing their best to crash the forum. I also hold the same view on the Admin running it and ignoring of what's been happening. If they don't throw Rebel13 and jfc out the door, I may never post there again. That's me and I respect and have no ill will for those that do not agree with it.

Last edited: