I just installed my Rox risers

Merlin III

I just installed my Rox Risers and it really brings the bars up and back much more than I would have ever guessed. I can't wait to do a long ride to evaluate the decrease in riding fatique.

All the cables are fairly loose except the brake hydraulics tube. It is fairly tight, but appears to be okay. I should have observed how tight it was before the mod, but I didn't. I am wondering in my mind whether the additional stiffness of the tube is somehow detrimental to the long term functioning of the brake hydraulics?

MJC

Super Moderator
On the brake line just past where it starts to go down the fork, the line is in a holder, I removed the brake line from that holder and that gave me a little more play.

Merlin III

On the brake line just past where it starts to go down the fork, the line is in a holder, I removed the brake line from that holder and that gave me a little more play.
I think I got that little rectangular black one. Is there only one? It is pretty hard to see down there. Did you take off some plastic?

Downshifter

as MJC said, it is down near the bottom of the triple tree, it is not a tywrap clip. It is a holder. I actually had to remove it by taking out the bolt, and that freed up the line nicely...

Jim.....

randy1149

The handle bars and floorboard location can make up a significant improvement as much as the seat. I rode on my tailbone until I moved the handlebars forward a little and the floorboards down and back. Now I ride on my butt and upper thighs off of the tailbone. Give that a try before you spend lots of $$$$$ for a seat.

Last edited:

Merlin III

as MJC said, it is down near the bottom of the triple tree, it is not a tywrap clip. It is a holder. I actually had to remove it by taking out the bolt, and that freed up the line nicely...

Jim.....
I found the hard "holder", but no where do I see a bolt holding it on? Do I dare just snap it off with a screwdriver? Scary stuff since it is a brake line. With my CB windshield it is pretty hard to see in there. I guess I'll wait till sunset when I'll be able to put a light down there. The sun is just too bright.

Last edited:

Downshifter

dont try to snap it off, the gromet is pretty solidly hooked into that holder, and the brake line is in that gromet good...

Jim.....

Merlin III

I finally decided that the brake cable wasn't as tight as I initially thought. It is amazing how raising the bar two inches toward the rider makes so much difference in comfort.

popeyoni

The handle bars and floorboard location can make up a significant improvement as much as the seat. I rode on my tailbone until I moved the handlebars forward a little and the floorboards down and back. Now I ride on my butt and upper thighs off of the tailbone. Give that a try before you spend lots of $$$$$ for a seat.

I had to move my handlebars back to prevent upper back pain, but now my tailbone suffers.
How did you move the floorboards? What kind do you have?

Steven

I have the Kuryakyn floorboards with spline adapters

8815 Splined Adapter : https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-8815-Front-Splined-Adapter/dp/B000WPEZGS

4357 Floorboard : http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/..._e8K-fluhnnnlBEvKGhgzWljGU0kDyAWeIRoCKDbw_wcB

These make a world of difference, at least for me with leg comfort. They will raise your knees up some, but you will get used to it in short order.

With that said, perhaps a different seat would be the best solution. A better seat would take some of the pressure off your tail bone and distribute it onto your thighs.