Did you take an advanced riders course?

purplesea

For those of you that have the option, how many classes have you taken? I know there are the basic riders courses, I was wondering how the advanced ones were.

purplesea

Nice post! Did you take any classes yourself? If so, were they advanced or beginner? How did you feel about them?

kateric99

For 2014, Honda motorcycles is adding a new series to the family: the CTX. CTX stands for Comfort, Technology and eXperience – these motorcycles have been engineered and designed to be tailored for the rider. Honda says they are “focusing on class-leading comfort, easy-to-operate features and versatility.” The CTX motorcycles will have the same engine as the NC700X, the 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin, and it will have the same ride ability as the NC700X.

Please stop spamming the boards!

jace

I took a basic riding course that my job offered to me because of what i do. If their is an advance class(which i did not know off) then i need to take it to enhance my skills because i am always riding in the open road.

AndrewC

I plan on taking an advanced course very soon since I plan on buying a big heavy bike and I'm not that tall I'd like to take the course and know more about bikes and have more experience before going out on the street with the bike.

Danch

I learned riding on my brother's bike. It was a fascinating experience. I never took advanced lessons, because I was quite comfortable changing gears. It was a Java two-cylinder old bike, so balance was not a problem. In fact, riding a CTX-700 would be easier for me. Adjusting to new features may take some learning, but I guess the new user-friendly bike will make it easier for me.

Chaos

Everybody should participate in this courses, you will learn so many new things and even how to get out alive from a difficult situation. Riding a bike is dangerous and requires years of practice and experience to learn all it is to learn about your bike. I would also recommend that even car drivers take this driving lessons, I had a few accidents in my life, and if I had more experience and knowledge all of them could have been avoided.

hbmm

I had a crash not so long ago and my confidence has been completely knocked. i've never thought about doing this but i think i may have a look for some, it would be a great way to gain confidence do you think?

hdejong

I took some beginners classes before purchasing my bike, I plan on taking some advanced classes before I go on any long rides. The classes I went to were really informative and I expect more advanced classes to be the same!

MegaZero

I took classes and I LOVED it. It is informative,fun and very entertaining. I really wish that I could have taken more classes but I don't really have the time :(

Hopefully if you do take them, you have fun because that whats it for!

bala

I have never had the chance for either of those classes.In fact what are those 2 categories "Basic,Advanced".What do you guys learn in there.? Is it some kind of skills honing class or just "how to ride within the city,jams etc" class.Also,is it available only for the westerners.??

novasparker

I haven't taken any courses in riding. My husband taught me everything I ever needed to know about motorcycle riding. He's been a rider for many, many years and has more experience than anybody else that I know. I haven't ever even thought about taking a rider's class. Under his instruction, I was able to pass the written and skills test for my motorcycle license examination. So I think I'm good.

Steven

I learned on a rental bike only being told how to shift gears. After that, I learned from my own experiences, mistakes, and the mistakes of others. They didn't have courses when I began riding, that was about 49 years ago. As for riding in the city... I would advise that you keep plenty of space in front of you, don't ride in someones blind spot, and watch every thing. If a car might pull out in front of you watch it's tires, not the driver.

randy1149

My first bike, I went into a Honda dealer around 1963, ask the salesman if they could prep a CB175 that I could drive home. They did and I did and that's how I learned to ride.

Merlin III

I had a crash not so long ago and my confidence has been completely knocked. i've never thought about doing this but i think i may have a look for some, it would be a great way to gain confidence do you think?

Absolutely agree with you. I talked to a Motorcycle cop last week who took the initial 3 week CT police training program. There is really a lot to learn about riding to be really good at it and a lot of continuing education to reinforce what you learned. In my opinion, even well seasoned riders should take occasional training classes.

MJC

Super Moderator
People used to say there are two kinds of bikers, these who have fallen and these you will. That maybe true but I try to be the 3rd kind, The guy who sees that you can fall but continues to learn how not too.

Last edited: