Helmet Preference?

purplesea

What kind of helmet do you guys ride with? I'm looking for a new one and would like some personal reviews. I usually ride on the highway and in traffic, if that makes a difference.

auroraantoinette

I'm into the sleek design myself, Cyber Matt is my preference. I'm a huge gamer so i always feel like i'm in Halo when i'm wearing one haha XD

kateric99

I personally don't really like helmets, I just use them for security's sake, and don't really care about the looks.
As long as it's somewhat modern (I don't want to look like a Flintstone-era biker :D) I'll take the most reliable one in terms of sturdiness.

jasonwright

I don't really like wearing helmets because i get really hot underneath and it gets uncomfortable on long journeys. I have a SHOEI one which i bring out on occasions, but i prefer the cool breeze in my hair.

jace

I'm into the sleek design myself, Cyber Matt is my preference. I'm a huge gamer so i always feel like i'm in Halo when i'm wearing one haha XD

You remind me of me. I am not too concern about safety but look. Going to get me a Cyber Matt because the helmet i have is way too big and heavy. I want to feel like am in Halo when riding. It is my favorite shooting game.

ctx

Try to get something that looks good and WORKS. Read up on some reviews before purchasing; does it meet all required safety standards? In a way getting a helmet for your bike is essentially the most important buy you'll ever make. I know looking like a video game character is important - hell I want to ride around looking like Master Chief too - but make sure you don't wind up paralyzed in the process; or worse...

Kfrill

Try on severl different brands & models of helmets. They fit different head shapes. I have a Scorpion EXO 400 full face. I have no problems using my peripherial vision, the venting is good and really helps keeping the bugs out of my teeth, not to mention I wear glasses and they stay securely on my head. I know from experience that a helmet can save your life. Riding without proper saftey gear does not make you more macho, a better rider or anything else except a bad statistic in the making.

Trellum

I wear the Bell Rogue most of the time, almost 99% of the time. I must admit this helmet is not for everyone, but it offers the best protection and it fits me perfectly! :cool: I think it's important to try on several helmets before you pick one.

Last edited:

willstat

Make sure you pick something out with a strong, sturdy face shield as that is where your head is the most vulnerable if you crash. I am surprised at how many people do not wear helmets in states where it is legal to not wear one. The most important component of the helmet beyond safety is comfort. It should fit snugly on your head and not squeeze your face and hair when you lift it off.

Chaos

Depends on what you like and the budget. I have a supersport R6 and my helmet is a Shoei GT- Air Journey a pretty expensive integral helmet but it's very comfortable, breathing and ventilation is no problem and it offers an impressive protection in case I crash :(. Establish first a budget and then look at the local dealer offer or buy one cheap (on sale) from an internet shop.

novasparker

I am a fan of the full face helmet that includes a faceshield. My huby rides with a beanie, but I just don't feel like it offers enough protection. Of course I would love to find a way to ride without one and still figure out how to protect my head in a crash, but until that happens, a full face helmet it is. I have several by a few different manufacturers but right now my Simpson is my fave. I have a Shoei as well.

firelily99

They may not be the most comfortable thing to wear - especially on a hot day - but helmets are something that we should not get onto our bikes unless we have one on. We only have one brain and I can tell you that as a former EMT and firefighter it is not a pretty sight when you see someone's brains splattered on the pavement.

bala

To buy a helmet,it is essential that you perform certain tests.Firstly turn up the helmet on it back and bang it hard against a wall with such immense force that u feel a jibe after banging it,This ensures the break even load is good.The helmet slotting on your head is of paramount importance,you ought to cross check it twice as helmets that ain't fit on the slot tend to jerk off in a head on head collision.Lastly look at its aesthetics,if its visually appealing go for it,provided it has the requisite qualities

Athena

I like modular, have two. I prefer the Nolan over the Shoei because of fit. Nolan's medium is more comfortable, but Shoei's has better ventilation. So it's 50/50.