anybody see this?

ofdave

http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...&utm_campaign=6/18/2016&utm_term=Common Tread

It's interesting to me. I thought California had the lock on pollution control.
I can almost see a benefit with cars. But motorcycles? Not so much. maybe there are more 2 wheelers there than I realized.
The new Euro 4 emissions are starting to effect bikes. Have you noticed the exhausts on newer models? And the new regs call for front and rear side reflectors-just like we have.
I just wish manufacturers would have put ABS on all the bikes of a specifc model, meaning those sold in the US too.
I'd have ABS on my naked just like anywhere else in the world, if they did.
But no-I can't have it. Truly the one thing I'd like.

MJC

Super Moderator
My kid and grandkids live in Germany and drive around there plus France, and Italy. She is always telling me that wherever she goes, she sees a lot of two stroke scooters (old small 50cc) and most of them smoke and smell bad. In the city's most people own them, some have small cars, big motorcycles (over 600cc's) are rear. She did see one CTX700 on the Army Base so she knows the bike I ride..lol. You do not see too many 2 stroke bikes in the US any more, because of the pollution and noise. Most carb bikes no longer run right because of the gas we have, so by the time the gov puts a ban on them, they will have been stored away never to be ridden again. Like lawn mowers, chain saws, etc.. they no longer can run on the gas we have, they still do but do not last has long and will need repairs to keep going. I got feed up and got a battery lawn mower. And I will never own a carb bike (or anything with a carb) again. And I do not even want to get into how hard carb parts are to get or find someone to work on one... just sayin.

randy1149

http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...&utm_campaign=6/18/2016&utm_term=Common Tread

I can almost see a benefit with cars. But motorcycles? Not so much. maybe there are more 2 wheelers there than I realized.
The new Euro 4 emissions are starting to effect bikes. Have you noticed the exhausts on newer models? And the new regs call for front and rear side reflectors-just like we have.
I just wish manufacturers would have put ABS on all the bikes of a specifc model, meaning those sold in the US too.

ABS should be mandatory on all motorcycles that are street legal no matter the CC size... the SAME as cars are. I hear the feds are making collision prevention radar will be mandatory on all cars sometime in the near future. But we can't get mandatory ABS... BECAUSE us riders are mostly the only victims on fatal collisions, that most people don't care. And it's hard to argue when a lot of us ride with no helmet which infers just how stupid we are to the general public. So we are at the motorcycle industries competitive marketing strategy to choose ABS as an option or an accessories.

Merlin III

Good for Paris. From time to time, NYC has discussed banning non-essential vehicles and beefing up their mass transit. High concentrations of people and high concentrations of vehicles don't mix well.

I made the decision a long time ago that any MC I own must have ABS and that is why I ended up with the DCT. If I lived in Canada where the standard CTX has ABS, I would have gone with the manual. For the life of me I can't figure out what Honda was thinking?