mods for ctx700

analog rider

completing some mods on my ctx. have Coffmans exhaust, stripped all the plastic off, moved the turn signals , and painted it like a military vehicle. got rid of all the gloss. will enter a contest next week, will post pix soon...dc

Thumper

I successfully cut down a Cee Baileys windscreen today for my wife "TheMagster"! For the last 50k miles, she has ridden with the stock shield with a short, adjustable extension added. It worked for her, but I am one of those husbands that can't stop trying to improve her ride. Leaving this Thursday (unless unforseen problems arise) for the long trip around the US, I decided to get her a Cee Baileys windscreen with vent. It was too tall! She is only 5' short so I decided to try the cut. It was much easier than I thought and the shield looks like it came from the factory as a short option. I removed 3" off the original 22" screen. Trick is to get a 24 tooth jig saw blade and sand afterwards with 320, 400 & wet sand with 600 grit. She can see very well now. Still have to test it but it is taller than her stock and I am hoping it works for her. Otherwise, I have a slightly modded Cee Baileys for sale after I return from our trip! :)

ofdave

congrats on the effort
have cut down windshields in the past
I bet it does what you want for her.
There is much disagreement on the vent. I am one who believes it has a benefit.
I hope you post on the trip-we can wait for videos, but it'd be good to hear from you along the way.
You know, those of us who don't take long trips are living it through your ride.

MJC

Super Moderator
completing some mods on my ctx. have Coffmans exhaust, stripped all the plastic off, moved the turn signals , and painted it like a military vehicle. got rid of all the gloss. will enter a contest next week, will post pix soon...dc

Can not wait to see what you have done!

Thumper

Going to do a few choice videos like: Ride the Wabash Cannonball Bridge (The longest one lane wooden bridge in America) Loveland Pass. Other than that, I am going to use a link to a Spot satellite tracker and take lots of Instagram pics. I'll post a thread with all the information for anyone that wants to follow along. You will be able to street view us in almost real time. I'll try to post here often.

I will post a pic of the windscreen mod so others can see what it looks like as soon as the rain stops a little. Been a wet month here and our bikes are soaked! We get hammered every ride we take lately.

Also removing my rear wheel as I have developed a fast leak somewhere. Betting a bad valve but the bead might be the problem too. I'll post on that after today. Got to get started on it now with only 2 days left for the ride.

MJC

Super Moderator
Thumper, I will be following along too, have a great trip! Can you please start a new tread for each (windshield, tracker) so it will be EZ for me to do so. Thank you,
BTW, I use RIDE-ON in my tires, makes me feel better before a long trip to know that if I pick up a nail I maybe able to make it to a shop for repairs, just my two cents on tires. lol.