cancel the turn signals

MJC

Super Moderator
Anyone have the signalMinder? It uses a computer chip to cancel the turn signals, you can also convert ALL FOUR turn signals to running lights, and it has a Built-in RUN-TURN-BRAKE function. here is a link to there web page: https://kisantech.com/mag/pfin/sm-3n.html

I am thinking about getting it, just do not have the $120 for it...well it goes on the WISH LIST! Does anyone have one? Maybe I will start a new thread, "what is on your wish list"..lol...

Merlin III

Anyone have the signalMinder? It uses a computer chip to cancel the turn signals, you can also convert ALL FOUR turn signals to running lights, and it has a Built-in RUN-TURN-BRAKE function. here is a link to there web page: https://kisantech.com/mag/pfin/sm-3n.html

I am thinking about getting it, just do not have the $120 for it...well it goes on the WISH LIST! Does anyone have one? Maybe I will start a new thread, "what is on your wish list"..lol...
I had it on my BMW and it worked great. I like the running lights and the auto turn off is fantastic. When you brake, it also flashes the brake light and running lights 3 times.

So, predicated on the BMW results, I bought it for the CTX. First off they sent me the wrong setup for the CTX. They sent me a new unit and I set it up only to find that it doesn't work well out of the box for the CTX. It is hard to explain, but once you use the auto turn off, you have to reset it by pushing the CTX turn signal button. So, what usually happens to me is I use it, it turns off after 30 seconds, and then the next time I use it I have to push the turn signal button in before it will start to flash. After the flash sequence it will then turn off again. It is a PITA, but I have gotten use to it. They do have have a fix where you place a spring or expandable foam in the existing switch which makes it work a little bit differently. Damn, I have to look at it again report back. Maybe I will even do the fix.

ofdave

Had one on a Valkyrie a while back.
You do need the foam or springs inside the turn signal switch, one on either side of the switch.
Bit of a pain to get them in (drop on floor, pick up, repeat).
Worth the grief. But back then it was 60 bucks I think.
It also gave four-way flash but we already have that.
Conversion of the rear turns to running lights means you need red lenses for the rear.

randy1149

I had it on my BMW and it worked great. I like the running lights and the auto turn off is fantastic. When you brake, it also flashes the brake light and running lights 3 times.

So, predicated on the BMW results, I bought it for the CTX. First off they sent me the wrong setup for the CTX. They sent me a new unit and I set it up only to find that it doesn't work well out of the box for the CTX. It is hard to explain, but once you use the auto turn off, you have to reset it by pushing the CTX turn signal button. So, what usually happens to me is I use it, it turns off after 30 seconds, and then the next time I use it I have to push the turn signal button in before it will start to flash. After the flash sequence it will then turn off again. It is a PITA, but I have gotten use to it. They do have have a fix where you place a spring or expandable foam in the existing switch which makes it work a little bit differently. Damn, I have to look at it again report back. Maybe I will even do the fix.

It was your complaint about the CTX button resetting that made me walk away. I imagined myself installing the little springy thing and then while installing it it slipped out of my hand and the sound of it flying in an undefined direction or altitude.... was the last relationship between me and the spring. I know this because I've had more than one flying springies in my life... mostly from putting my guns back together. I decided just to put an audible beeper on it, as soon as I get a round tuit.

Attachments

• Tuit.jpg
    Tuit.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 64