Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Centerstand

photo of kick stand, with plate and cut down about 3/16" off, . And yes I did paint it after taken the photo...
    Name:  DSCF3731.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  97.3 KB
    Next is a photo of the angle of the bike on the kick stand
    Name:  DSCF3696.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  96.9 KBName:  DSCF3734.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  92.3 KB
    Sorry, the last photo was a ride I was on today and did not know how to -un-do it after hitting upload...But you can see I can now park (using the kick stand) anywhere...
    Last edited by MJC; 06-18-2016 at 04:28 PM.

2. Likes Merlin III liked this post
    mjc, thanks for the pix. You've demonstrated by intelligent thought process what can be triumphed over prehistoric ignorance.

Great job!

4. Likes Merlin III liked this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc View Post
    Here are the pixs, this is with the adapter on the bike with the bike on the standard motorcycle jack....
    Attachment 164
    The next 3 are the of the adapter, you install it then remove it when done...
    Attachment 165Attachment 166Attachment 167
    DUDE, WOW! Did you make this adapter? Or can it be purchased, and if so, where?

There are times when I dearly want to be able to put my CTX on my conventional "belly lift" motorcycle stand.

2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

@mjc
    nice job on the adapter
    looks like it isn't used with the centerstand?
    how 'bout some dimensions if any of us want to make one?
    but if you are going to make and sell them, nevermind
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    @mjc
    nice job on the adapter
    looks like it isn't used with the centerstand?
    how 'bout some dimensions if any of us want to make one?
    but if you are going to make and sell them, nevermind
    I will sit down and make a full size drawing and post it here. For the people who want to make one. If you can not make one yourself I will make one for you and mail it to all who want them. I used 1" square stock, a grinder and two 1" bolts, and a 1/4" threaded rod to go from one side to the other, you bend the end of it so it is like a handle but that bent part stops you from putting the kickstand up so you do not forget to take this adapter off the bike. Not hard to make, drawing soon.

8. Thanks Woodswoman, soldaze thanked for this post
    Likes Merlin III, dfye55 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodswoman View Post
    DUDE, WOW! Did you make this adapter? Or can it be purchased, and if so, where?

There are times when I dearly want to be able to put my CTX on my conventional "belly lift" motorcycle stand.

Yes I made it, drawing soon so you can make one if you want. Right now it will work only if you do not have a center stand. I am working on a adapter that will work if you have a center stand. I am also working on making a center stand for the ctx700, bolt on, ez to get the bike on, this stand will only lift the rear wheel 3" or so. But will include a floor plate- when used it will bring the rear wheel up to 6" off the ground. The center stand will be like the one people use now, but some people put a 2 by 4 under the tire so they can lift the bike onto the stand, my center stand you will use a 2 by 4 (floor plate) to put under the center stand when you want to raise the wheel higher off the ground. This way it will be e-z to put the bike on the stand except when you want to have the rear wheel higher off the ground.

10. Likes Merlin III liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by randy1149 View Post
    mjc, thanks for the pix. You've demonstrated by intelligent thought process what can be triumphed over prehistoric ignorance.

Great job!
    .....triumphed over prehistoric ignorance." Now that is funny! I would bet that the way you word that would go over the head of a person we both know. Sorry I should not be LMAO at that person.....but every time I think of that person I think, Just because your head get bigger did not make your brain bigger, even tho he thinks so. I have to stop thinking and lmao my side is starting to hurt! Sorry I was a bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc View Post
    .....triumphed over prehistoric ignorance." Now that is funny! I would bet that the way you word that would go over the head of a person we both know. Sorry I should not be LMAO at that person.....but every time I think of that person I think, Just because your head get bigger did not make your brain bigger, even tho he thinks so. I have to stop thinking and lmao my side is starting to hurt! Sorry I was a bad boy.
    Well Mike you don't need to apologize, you made the adapter for the jack and I made the reference which could cause umbrage by the recipient... if it didn't go over his head. Applying his legacy from the quality level of his combined publications the results are leaning very strongly to stupidity with some arrogance mixed in... one sentence at a time.

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California
    Honda missed a beat on this one. The CTX700 is listed in their touring catalog. Who made the decision to make a chain driven touring bike without a center stand? My bet it was someone who never laid down on a motel or campground parking lot who had to get up and down time after time as he moved his bike enough to expose the un-lubricated part of his chain! My center stand is in the garage, I've studied all of the Youtube videos which were very helpful, and have thought out some things to address the known issues with the stopper (rubber bumper, 12.9 hardness bolts and locating the stopper lock nut beneath the stopper, etc. ) I have a ratchet strap for the springs and all of the stuff I need. But, it's sunny outside...so to hell with it! I'm goin' for a ride!

14. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California
    OK, got the center stand on. Not difficult at all with the ratchet strap setup for stretching the springs. I did a few things that I hope will insure the stand will be trouble free. I replaced the center stand stopper bolt (the one that fastens it to the bike) with one that is 12.9 hardness. I also bought a longer stop bolt (the one that keeps the stand from hitting the chain) and put the locking nut on the stop bolt on the bottom side of the center stand stopper. There was still enough bolt length sticking out from the top of the stopper to put a nylock nut on top to keep the bolt from falling out if by chance things loosen. Then, I covered the stopper bolt head with a rubber bumper, like you'd put on the bottom of a round chair foot and fastened it with a hose clamp.

None of this was "original thought". It's all out on the net and is the sum of the best "how to's" I found. Here's what I thought was the most helpful video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEiN7SPPR3o EDIT: And, here is what I thought was the most useful text article: http://www.expandingknowledge.com/Je...C700S/Main.htm

While I was at it, I replaced the passenger pegs with Kuryakyn Mini-Boards and adapters to match the larger boards I have up front. My wife really likes them and now with her added comfort and a more easily maintained bike, we'll enjoy our long tours together even more.
    Last edited by rickster; 04-19-2017 at 12:02 AM.