No boys allowed!

auroraantoinette

Haha i love this! Female's only! I'm gonna start this off with just some light chit chat. I dont know about the rest of you, but i get some strange looks when i'm on my bike. My fiance has longer hair then me and he's always the one in back, but i'm the one in heels :)

slayeraeb

Haha i love this! Female's only! I'm gonna start this off with just some light chit chat. I dont know about the rest of you, but i get some strange looks when i'm on my bike. My fiance has longer hair then me and he's always the one in back, but i'm the one in heels :)

LOL at the heels part.. Maybe they think your the husband.. Just saying..

kateric99

What bikes do girls usually like the most?
Around these parts I see a lot of extravagant-colored Vespa bikes! Do you girls like those? :)

auroraantoinette

Around these parts I see a lot of extravagant-colored Vespa bikes! Do you girls like those? :)

Yea i had a Vespa a long long time ago, There great for small trips in nice weather, but horrible for picking up any groceries. It offsets the balance and i cant get more than 2 small bags. With a motorcycle i can get more without worrying about it.

kateric99

Yea i had a Vespa a long long time ago, There great for small trips in nice weather, but horrible for picking up any groceries. It offsets the balance and i cant get more than 2 small bags. With a motorcycle i can get more without worrying about it.

Yeah that makes sense, they do seem a little fragile. I just love the way they look though, the design, it looks so retro!
Whenever I see one I always remember about an advertisement poster from the 60s I saw in a Marketing class a few years ago.

Well I guess advertising does work, even after 50 years :D

auroraantoinette

Yeah that makes sense, they do seem a little fragile. I just love the way they look though, the design, it looks so retro!
Whenever I see one I always remember about an advertisement poster from the 60s I saw in a Marketing class a few years ago.

Well I guess advertising does work, even after 50 years :D

Yea wow! That really did stick with you haha. I get what you mean about that retro feel. I agree 100%. I just wish they were strong and sturdy like the old scooters.

kateric99

Yea wow! That really did stick with you haha. I get what you mean about that retro feel. I agree 100%. I just wish they were strong and sturdy like the old scooters.

Yeah, the good old scooters, they don't make them like they used to :)
If I had the time (and by 'time' I mean 'money') I would surely start a collection of old bikes, not the most expensive ones, though...

Kfrill

I've got a Honda SH150 and have loaded it down with a case of water, 12 pack of Diet Cokes, 2 bags of groceries, and filled my backpack as well. Hallelujah for bungee cords and cargo nets.

Trellum

Hahaha, me too! For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like to ride with me :eek: I wish I could get him to, but he's too scared of bikes and is actually mad that I ride one. He thinks that this is very dangerous and I'm going to get myself killed :)

hbmm

Haha, I love vespa's too! I would love one of those. They just have a really cute retro feel to them don't you think? I would love to get one and live in italy or somewhere like that were everyone seems to ride those sorts of bikes. It's the best way to get around over there

And hello everyone!:) I'm hannah

hbmm

Hi Trellum, my boyfriend also will not ride on my bike with me. I'm not sure why haha. He just doesn't feel safe and I hope that one day he will trust me enough to ride on it with me. He also doesn't even like bikes that much which is a bit of a bummer. I wish I could get him more into it but I can't see any way of doing that. The only reason I got into bikes is because my dad rides one. We don't really know other people our age who ride bikes. Does anyone else have this problem? and most of all solved it? But I suppose it is good to have separate interests and hobbies right?

wander_n_wonder

Yeah, those Vespas are really lovely. I see a lot of other girls putting some nice designs on their chairs too. I've seen Hello Kitty seats, even Louis Vuitton seats! It's really so cute! The overall form of Vespa is also lovely.

hbmm

OOoo wow, I think I'm going to start looking into vespas again. It would be amazing to own one!

willstat

Hi there. I am in my early thirties and just got into biking the past few years. I started out on a moped because I was afraid of motorcycles but graduated to a CTX just over a year ago and I love it. I hardly ever see women on bikes unless they are riding in the back. I'm glad to be a part of the community. And yes, the vespas are darlings.

Trellum

Hi Trellum, my boyfriend also will not ride on my bike with me. I'm not sure why haha. He just doesn't feel safe and I hope that one day he will trust me enough to ride on it with me. He also doesn't even like bikes that much which is a bit of a bummer. I wish I could get him more into it but I can't see any way of doing that. The only reason I got into bikes is because my dad rides one. We don't really know other people our age who ride bikes. Does anyone else have this problem? and most of all solved it? But I suppose it is good to have separate interests and hobbies right?

Hi!!! It's nice to meet a girl with a similar issue, my boyfriend goes beyond ''not liking bikes'' he actually thinks they're a dead trap :p He really thinks I'll get myself killed, nice way to show how much he trusts my skills, heh! I still drive my cousins bike from time to time, because I'm still saving to buy one. I don't know how my boyfriend will react when I buy my bike. I guess he will totally freak out. I bet when you met your boyfriend you were into bikes already, that's great, because when you meet them before that... it can cause a lot friction.

willstat

Hi!!! It's nice to meet a girl with a similar issue, my boyfriend goes beyond ''not liking bikes'' he actually thinks they're a dead trap :p He really thinks I'll get myself killed, nice way to show how much he trusts my skills, heh! I still drive my cousins bike from time to time, because I'm still saving to buy one. I don't know how my boyfriend will react when I buy my bike. I guess he will totally freak out. I bet when you met your boyfriend you were into bikes already, that's great, because when you meet them before that... it can cause a lot friction.
Mine is the same way. He drives a big truck and won't have anything to do with motorcycles. It would be nice to be a couple that both rides bikes. I can't even get him to ride my Ruckus moped. I don't know what to tell you about settling down your boyfriend in regards to the bike purchase. Tell him all about the savings on gas, insurance and maintenance etc. There are a lot of positives that bikes hold over cars.

hbmm

wow that's good haha, I love the girls only forum on here :) it's great to have a chat with girls like me!:)