rpatrickmc

Hi Everyone: I am brand new to this forum and brand new to a 2015 CTX700N DCT. I am a long time motorcycle rider, but getting pretty long in the tooth, thus the reason for my buying this bike. Also have a 2012 Spyder which I enjoy, but it just isn't a motorcycle. I need to put a windshield on this scooter and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Pat

ofdave

Welcome!!
This place is still growing but has knowledgeable members who don't argue
Congrats on your new ride-it shows above average intelligence!!:D
many use the Madstad product-http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.10420/.f
some use Puig, Puig Universal Touring II and now Puig has a newer model-Model 7009W available from a few places like Racecrafters-USA.
The Madstad seems to get the most happy owners.

Last edited:

Merlin III

Welcome Pat. You are just like many of us here. I bought the CTX primarily because of it's low weight, low center of gravity, and half of Honda Fit engine. The bike rides great. I replaced the rear shock to handle the bumps around here.

randy1149

Welcome from a guy with the same long in the tooth riding. I bought the CTX basically for the same reason you did. Came from 900 lbs, Wings and Vulcans when I came to the realization I don't have the equilibrium I used to have, nor do I have the same inseam when I was younger so low seat was also a requirement. The DCT was the ice on the cake, a bike I don't have to shift to give my left arthritic hand a rest. The CTX made riding fun again. My next bike will be a CTX1200D, with a belt drive, cruise control and self cancelling turn signals... if they ever make it.

Last edited: