Engine runs rough, cuts out in the rian, or snow CTX DCT full fairing model

Tujungadave

I purchased my bike in July of 2015. During the summer months I had no problems, but now that we're in the winter months I've had to ride in the rain many times and once was caught in the snow. Twice now I've had the engine start to run very rough and cut out while riding in the rain. Once I was riding at a very slow speed as the rain had turned to snow and I slowed down with the traffic. I had to pull over to the shoulder because as I gave the bike gas the engine would not accelerate and would barely run. The 2nd time was at a traffic stop while waiting for a signal change in the rain. Same thing, engine began to run very rough. I had to throw it into Neutral and rev it to keep it running. Barely made it to the gas station a block away where I shut it down, refueled and it started up again, but still ran rough. I decided to try to make it home, about 3 miles away, and as I made it a few more blocks the engine began to run normally again. I forgot to mention that after the fist time this happened in the snow, after letting the bike sit for about an hour it was perfectly fine. I took it to the shop where I purchased the bike and where I've had all my maintenance done and they didn't have a clue as to what may be causing this.
Has anyone else had a similar experience with their CTX 700 DCT?

Merlin III

That sure sounds like a fuel issue. Water in the gas sounds like a possibility especially given the time of year. So, I would try a different gas station from my regular station and try some moisture eradicating additive in my gas, etc. I would also occasionally use some valve cleaner in my gas.

The poster never made it clear exactly what the temps were, but it sounds like the gas line freeze up I use to experience with my 1964 Datsun pickup truck The truck would start and run, but over time it would get gas line freeze up. After I stopped for a while, the heat from the engine would rise up and fit the problem.