Heated Grips, the easy way.

randy1149

Here's an alternative to Hondas $300 heated grips AND the time required to install them.

Oxford heated grips from revzilla $89.95 with free shipping, here. I have had Oxford heated grips on my bikes since my 1995 Valkyrie and never had a problem with them.

These are high quality grips with 5 heat setting levels. The Oxford is plug and play with connectors on all the wires, no adding additional electrical connectors. The feature that put's it above all the others is it shuts itself off when you turn the bike off. You don't need to take all the Tupperware off to get to an accessory power source. You can connect the power directly from the battery by just snaking the wire up to the front of the bike... I used an old wire hanger to help snaking it. Since I ran that power I added a 12V aux receptacle for an always on 12v source, see pix below.

The only issue replacing grips on the CTX is after you cut off the throttle rubber grip there are pointed tits on the remaining plastic grip which has to be ground down to slide on the new grip. I used a Dremel to grind them down.

Read the instructions and don't apply the glue until you make sure the grips don't interfere with brake/clutch handles.

Attachments

• IMG_0098a2.jpg
    IMG_0098a2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 400

randy1149

I agree, the tupperware is really a pain. Thankfully I did not have to remove any in either the grip heater or the 12V plug as indicated. The same goes when I installed another 12V plug in my topbox. I did have to though when connecting the LEDs in the topbox to the wiring for the brake light.

ofdave

good job and you're right-Oxford makes good quality
it's nice the faired models have acres of real estate to mount stuff
Naked models like mine don't have as many options on where to put everything
Am thinking about making a quick disconnect board for all that stuff and just hang it around my neck. It'd be handy, right?

randy1149

good job and you're right-Oxford makes good quality
it's nice the faired models have acres of real estate to mount stuff
Naked models like mine don't have as many options on where to put everything
Am thinking about making a quick disconnect board for all that stuff and just hang it around my neck. It'd be handy, right?

I guess your options are very limited to mounting onto the handle bars. I'm not sure around your neck though:confused: