Foggy Helmet

luke7

Got a problem..

I have a Shoei Qwest helmet that uses the CW-1 visors(no pins).

I wear bifocal glasses and on my morning commutes, I always have issues with fogging up, especially when it is cool out. Sometimes it gets a bit too dangerous that I have to pull over.

Has anyone tried Pinlock inserts or any other type of antifogging inserts on their visors to prevent fogging?

What works for you?

Paul

lance62

one of my early helmets did not have adequate ventilation across the helmet so I drilled 1/16" holes about where my nose was, two of them, and that solved the problem.

Merlin III

I am not at the garage, but there are motorcycle specific sprays for your shield and helmet. I have one in my tank bag at all times.

kujawskir

Old, Old thread, sry so late.
The tiniest dot of shaving cream inside my visor takes about 30 seconds to work around and wipe off with a dry micro-cloth or paper towel. Fixes the problem in the worst of damp/cold weather for 2 to 5 weeks depending on how many damp days you ride in.

dyenfd

I use a HJC with pin locs. As the CTX is my daily driver and temps often approach 10 or colder, I can’t say enough good about pinlocs - the only way to go.
Fred

I've struggled with fog on rainy days for a while. Reviews for any solution are mixed, including the pin lock.

The last time I tried shaving cream I used the gel stuff, didn't work so well. I may need the old school Barbasol type stuff.