Tool Kit for CTX700D

Easy Wheelin

Would someone post some images or a tool list for the OEM tool kit that comes with the 2014 ctx700d?

I saw in a small blue plastic pouch ....

a fuse puller (white plastic)

a screw driver with a phillips and flat blade (black plastic small handle)

a metal brad with D rings to attach your helmet to the bike

Is there more ?

ponydrvr

You got more than I did! All my little blue bag had was a wire for the helmet lock that, per the dealer, ".....don't work and you won't use it anyway".

Athena

Get yourself a good motorcycle minikit. Sears, Walmart, and numerous online. The Blue plastic pouch contained the Following. 1. Fuse puller, 2 Screw driver with switchable head for star and straight, a Spark plug socket wench (remover), and 3 open wrenches. The helmet D ring was in the pocket dash. If you need to make road repairs then the screwdriver works, the wrenches are usually too big, better to use your fingers than the spark plug puller, and the likelihood of a bad spark plug needing pulling is very low.

kujawskir

You got a bag?

You got more than I did! All my little blue bag had was a wire for the helmet lock that, per the dealer, ".....don't work and you won't use it anyway".

I know this thread is old,

There was no kit in mine. Except for the mention in the book of the helmet cable I wouldn't have found this forum by asking google what else is in the kit. Well, it was new yesterday, so I might hit the dealer up for the cable, anyway. The book shows the path of the cable to be short and odd, like a yo-yo knot. Surely even some dealers might try to loop both ends back to the bike, not be able to close the seat, and think it does not work.

Thanks all for the advice about the rest of the kit being so limited, I'll not make it a very big problem that it's missing. It just seems poor that the last thing they did on delivery day was a long failure to fix the under-seat blinker-minder (I did not ask for) so why did they not see the document bag and toolkit were both missing?

I'm hoping now more than ever that I don't need much Warranty help, and glad I found this forum.

Steven

Welcome.

I think that that helmet cable would be a PITA to use, like you said. As for tools, you really don't need many. I work on my own bike and it doesn't require many different tools to do what I need to do. If I'm one the road, about the only tools I really need would be the ones to adjust the chain and those wouldn't really be needed except if I were on a long trip. Besides those tools, I would recommend a tire repair kit, an air pump, chain oil, and possibly a Lithium battery jumper. That should cover about any problem that you have on the road. Any problems beyond that would be too serious to do roadside repairs on. I've traveled my share of the roads and I have to say that most bikes are pretty dependable.

Since I've had my bike, I've put about 10,000 miles on it and I've not had any problems except adjusting the chain once or twice. If you're going to be making a long trip, just make sure everything is in order before you go and all should be well.