Should I change the Exhaust?

MegaZero

Just wondering but, should I change the exhaust? I don't really like the one they give us so to all who changed the exhaust, was it worth it? Does it still run great? How is it now?

Hopefully someone who has experience can help us because I know am not the only one who wants to know.

Share with us!

bala

Go for the Akrapovic Exhaust.it lends a perfect balance to the system and is quite efficient too.I recommend a mechanic doing the job,rather than you trying your hands on it.Do let me know if you need more suggestions.

Stallion

I will not say the exhaust that comes with the bike is not good. Instead I would say that the aftermarket exhausts that you get are accessories that you can buy if you have money. They make the bike sound different and are made for that.

HisPrincessLV

I am looking for a louder exhaust as well that will work on this bike. The stock one is so quiet. In my opinion, louder bikes save more lives. Any ideas? Someone posted about a Akrapovic Exhaust, but I am not looking to spend $800 on an exhaust.

Athena

Expect to spend a lot more for the new cans. Changing a tail pipe changes the back pressure which means that the bike has to be returned. Being a new bike the mechanics won't have the numbers on the dyno charts so it may be a timely experience with a hit and miss.

Danno

I have used the Radiant exhaust go to their website. they make an exhaust for the 700 CTX , It is reasonably priced does not effect the performance and sounds great.Easy to install!

Glen e

any of these exhausts that are available for a CTX don't have to "retune" the bike, the ECU will make adjustments and it will run fine, a good example of that is the radiant, many people running them and doing nothing but slapping them on. And yes, it sounds nice.

MJC

Super Moderator
This is a old tread but what I did was use a 18" pipe, fit over the stock pipe, once you remove the fotory pipe/muffler. Then get a metal baffel that fits inside the new pipe. Clap on bike, baffle at end, bolted inside.

This will sound better then any pipe/muffler you can buy and will be far back and away from you. After it is installed you can cover with any heat shield off ebay, like $10. Total cost is like $30.

Keep your stock pipe/muffler for re sale of bike.

soldaze

This is a old tread but what I did was use a 18" pipe, fit over the stock pipe, once you remove the fotory pipe/muffler. Then get a metal baffel that fits inside the new pipe. Clap on bike, baffle at end, bolted inside.

This will sound better then any pipe/muffler you can buy and will be far back and away from you. After it is installed you can cover with any heat shield off ebay, like $10. Total cost is like $30.

Keep your stock pipe/muffler for re sale of bike.

Do you have any photos of your setup?

Buddyrider

I just put a Coffman's Exhaust on today, sounds good just cranking. Currently, snowing outside. so I will give update later. My opinion is that it is a better looking slip on than the radiant and actually sounds better than what I have seen on the youtube video's. We shall see.

burdicda

I just put a Coffman's Exhaust on today, sounds good just cranking. Currently, snowing outside. so I will give update later. My opinion is that it is a better looking slip on than the radiant and actually sounds better than what I have seen on the youtube video's. We shall see.

Update your profile showing where you are located...
So it's snowing in Panama ?????

roseberj

I just installed a Emgo Dunstall. I packed it with a little extra fiberglass before I mounted it. I also painted it a matte black to match the blacked out lower portion of bike. It sounds good IMHO:) Not too loud, but not too quiet. Definitely not the stock "sewing machine" sound as some have said. Price of exhaust/fiberglass/ss wire was $85 which included shipping. Got it from Denniskirk...