Where do you ride?

slayeraeb

Just wanted to start a thread to see where people ride for fun. Where do you ride for fun at?
Hill areas?
Open road?
Highway?

Don't hold back and tell us.. We are all interested?

auroraantoinette

Hey Slayeraeb, I'm in Colorado so i go for mountain rides. Cruise the highway then take off on a small road till i'm at lookout ridge. Sometimes its way to stressful and i go back feeling worse then i started but its worth it to see the sun set over those snow tops.

astronautleague

Hey all! I'm in argentina, it's not really safe to ride in the city here because of the shear amount of people in it. I like to ride south for a few hours into the middle of nowhere, wheres theres open road and just gunning it :) If anyone ever gets a chance to come down here going to the south (patagonia) is absolutely breathtaking...

kateric99

I'm from Connecticut and my longest ride was from CT straight to North Carolina! It was really great, I had a group of friends with me, some of them were driving a pickup, me and another one were in a bike.
I visited the UK a few years ago, and I also rode there in the Newcastle suburbs. Great weekend that was.

purplesea

Man, I love these questions! It just makes me realize how much I love to ride! I love riding anywhere, but specifically open roads!

ballas123

When I got my honda cbr 150cc i took it on the open road one evening. I floored it and loved the feeling of wind over my face as I did this without my helmet on. This is just the beginning of me and my bike and some good memories.

willstat

I ride all over town but I really like hilly areas. Especially the hills in the country. They are so scenic and lovely. My least favorite area to ride in is downtown because of the traffic. I don't enjoy biking in traffic for reasons that you can probably understand yourself. I would rather be alone in the country with nothing but nature around me.

Chaos

I especially like riding outside of the town and relax enjoyed the freedom and the clean air. I sometimes stop and for a few minutes lie on the green grass looking at the sky... it's an incredible feeling. I never liked to ride on the busy town roads or on a highway but sometimes I have to :( .

Trellum

I live in a place full of mountains, but I really don't like the idea of riding a bike in that kind of areas. I do like riding away from the city tho, near the rural areas and close to the countryside :) Riding around the city nowadays isn't cool at all; it can even be dangerous!

Trellum

When I got my honda cbr 150cc i took it on the open road one evening. I floored it and loved the feeling of wind over my face as I did this without my helmet on. This is just the beginning of me and my bike and some good memories.

I love riding on the open road as well :) That's the best feeling ever! Not sure I'd ever been able of riding without a helmet tho ;)

JayGould

I once did a trip from the UK (bristol) to Spain with just my bike, with nothing more than just a wallet and some money, a water bottle and 2 changes of clothes. Wasn't feeling the best by the end of it but it was an amazing experience for sure and I'd recommend a road trip to anyone who's considering it!

MegaZero

I love riding in the open road because I feel more FREE and I can feel the cool wind rub against my face. I HATE riding in congested areas because it ruins the experience because all I do is just sit there and wait for traffic!

firelily99

I live in central Connecticut and there are no shortage of places to ride. We are close to NY State, Massachusetts and northern New England, the Rhode Island Shore, etc. Its just a matter of where and when you want to go!~

bala

I'm in India,the southern part.The land is encircles by water and so i haven't gotten a chance of treading the hilly areas,but yes i do look forward to it in the near future.I normally go biking in the highways en-route to my college.Can anybody brief me on how a hill-terrain ride be ?how do you confront the weather and the rocky surface.Enlighten me,for i may well go biking to the north.

Oivas

slayeraeb

I love riding in open, hilly terrain and sunny weather with a cool breeze. That is my favorite scene and somehow soothes me a lot!!

lance62

Live in Chester, Va. in the middle of colonial history 10 miles due s. of Richmond. One of my fav. rides is the two lane, twisty, country roads at 55 mph speed limits not heavily traveled roads that form a 90 mile loop...down route ten to the Jamestown free ferry, ferry over the James R. at Jamestown, back up the other side of the river on route five and then back S. over the river either on the 295 bridge or before on the Benj. Harrison bridge. For obvious reasons it is called the "Nickel and Dime" tour. Gorgeous woods and agriculture country along the colonial mansions like Berkeley, Shirley, et al, and not unusual to see white tailed deer or wild turkeys which are abundant in this part of the state. You feel, smell and see everything on the bike. I laugh when the 90 miles takes less than 1.3 gallons of gas at those speeds. Lots of twisty roads as well.