The new model boasts:

Saddle bags
Bag mounts
Matching color bag lids
Passenger backrest
Backrest mounts
Luggage rack
Tall windshield

Are these add ons truly going to make real bikers go for it more than other models?

Trellum

I think so :) It sounds quite good actually, those add ons sound really sweet in my opinion! I specially liked the idea of adding saddle bags :) I think that was really needed. I'm so glad they're still working hard on improving this model; kudos to them.

jonnypop

For a touring motorcycle I think the passenger back rest is a great idea. added comfort on a long haul is good.

Matching color bag lids is a crappy add on lol. Like trying to sell a car by saying WE HAVE CUP HOLDERS!

andrew172

Some additions are good, some are not so good- saddle bags are good but matching color bag lids? Is that really what the CTX was screaming out for?

Oivas

Hey Jonny,

I am not sure if the accessories make or break a bike buying decision. It is more to do with the engine, performance and the manufacturer's reliability. I mean how many people will be thinking of the accessories while buying a Harley?

So, by the same logic, all these accessories are good and only serves the purpose of creating customer delight over and above the base product. The base product being the Honda CTX.

andrew172

I suppose if other bikes fail to offer these accessories and one really wanted them then it could aid in the decision to buy one. But to be honest, if you really wanted one of them after you bought you bike and the manufacturer didn't offer them with the base product, you could just buy them separately.