What if....?

Trellum

Hey ladies! I was wondering what would you do if your kids grow to like riding bikes as well? Would you be happy? supportive? worried? What if they're still young and not very experienced?

I personally love riding bikes, but this started later in life. I was just 26 when I started to develop an interest for bikes, but I do know how dangerous they can be, specially with the traffic we have over here. I'd feel a bit worried if one of my kids wanted to ride a bike as well, but I'd do my best to help him/her out. After all they always find a way to get away with what they want sooner or later, lol. But I'd feel worried, I think this is the norm for most moms, isn't it?

What do you girls think?

hdejong

I would love to have my kids grow up loving bikes. Going on a long, cross-country, ride with my kids is a dream of mine and I can't wait to see if it will ever happen. The issue about safety does arise but I will make sure they are ready before they ever hit the road!

Trellum

That's nice to hear :) After all driving cars is also a really risky business, so what difference does it make to ride a bike after all ;) I mean, we can get our kids started, but I personally won't purposely start my kid's love for bikes, but if it happens I won't condone it either. I'll just try to support it and teach them everything I know :) Life is full of risks after all.