Automatic transmission only??

Trellum

I hope someone can answer me this... I'm not a CTX700 owner yet, but I'm here because I'm really thinking of becoming one. I test rode one last week, but I've seen so many commercials and reviews talking about the automatic transmission of this bike. This made me wonder... does this bike come with an automatic transmission only? I drive a manual car, and I can handle automatic cars well, but I'm just curious :)

andrew172

Dual clutch transmission is just an option that is offered, in addition to manual motorcycle transmission. I don't believe that there's any price difference between the two, it's just something that you specify when you buy. I bought mine second hand so didn't get the option.

Trellum

Awesome!!! It's good to know that the dual clutch transmission is just an option :) I was worried I'd not be able to find a manual version of this bike. Kudos to them if there is no price difference between the manual and automatic one! I've never really liked automatic transmissions!

andrew172

Yeah I totally see where you're coming from, it's really down to personal taste I suppose. I have the dual clutch version. Though as I bought mine second hand it wasn't exactly an option but honestly I wouldn't have minded either.