Thinking of selling my bike!

hbmm

Hi girls,

So I was thinking of selling my lovely bike, I don't get to ride it much anymore (now I have moved into a city with my partner) there isn't much point and the parking is costing quite a bit for my bike. My partner also hates me riding.

What do you think? Should I sell?

novasparker

oh my gosh...I don't think I could ever sell mine. Are you selling mostly because your significant other doesn't want you to ride? If so, I think that this is entirely unfair of your partner to allow you to give up something you really enjoy to satisfy someone else's fears. If this is the reason, it may be time for an open and frank discussion. If it's really because you have lost interest in riding, then by all means, sell it and allow someone else to enjoy it.

hbmm

Well I had a crash a few months ago now and since then we have moved to a city, so that has knocked my confidence and also living in a city, there isn't much need for my bike any more as everything is a short walk away and I don't get the time to take it out of the city:/ Also a parking space is costing us money each month which could be better spent. But I do love my bike, so much. I'm torn :(

Trellum

Well, if you really feel like you could do well without your bike, and you no longer feel like riding it, then you should really go for it and sell it. I'd think about it first tho, because you might regret it later! This can be a tough decision, just do what you feel like doing and don't let your partner's opinions affect your decision!

Trellum

LOL, good one! I've been thinking of doing the same, lol. Gosh, you are so funny!!! I think the OP has a tough decision ahead, I'm glad I'm not in her position... it would be hard to say goodbye to bikes in general and selling my bike. My partner is also against me riding bikes, but meh!

novasparker

A crash might be a good reason to sell. If you are intent on selling, list it on Craigslist. I have had a ton of sucess both buying and selling on Craiglist and I think you might be able to get the best deal for it there. You'll probably move it faster on CL than with any other method of selling. You'll probably have to negotiate some and get a little less than you originally set out to, but in the end you'll sell it or trade it for something you can use.