Your first bike

Trellum

Hello girls! I'd like to know what your first bike was. I'm not talking about your first riding experience, I'm talking about the first bike you've ever owned :) What bike was it? I still haven't bought my first bike, but I got plenty of experience riding my cousin's bike (a bolt). I'm still thinking about the bike I'd like to get :) I might go for the CTX700 or the bolt :cool:

kathybrj

1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 in burgundy. Awesome starter bike. Moved to a Yamaha Virago 535 and liked that one even better but was not a great bike for long rides. Currently I'm on an '05 Suzuki Boulevard but I'm toying with the idea of a CTX fully dressed.

Trellum

Nice, I love the Yamaha products :) That sounds like a really amazing bike... if you don't mind my question, how long have you been riding bikes? Your current bike sounds awesome :) But... what's stopping you from buying a CTX700?

Trellum

Mine was the CTX700 and I love it! :) it's a good bike

That's nice :) Did it take you a long time to finally go for it and buy a CTX700? Was it new or used? I'm currently saving to buy a bike, but I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the CTX700 and the bolt! Both bikes are great, and I've rode both, but this is a tough decision!

kathybrj

I've been riding for 17 years. Finances are keeping me from buying a CTX at the moment. My husband and I just built a new home.

Trellum

Hey Kathy! That sounds awesome! It's great you guys spent that cash wisely, you can get you CTX700 later! Investing on a new home is the best investment you can make, you can compliment that later with a CTX700 ;)

Athena

My first real bike is and still is a Harley VRSCD Night-rod, 1100cc 120hp, Top speed ? was clocked at 182 mph (some modifications). I ride it but it is a power house.

RedBaronRider

4 bikes over less than 10 years

Hi Gals,

I've had 4 bikes over 10 years:
  • 1997 Honda Rebel 250
  • 2000 Honda Shadow VLX 600
  • 2011 Yamaha V Star Custom 650

I advocate starting with something small. People are supposed to go through a bike upgrade process. Have to learn to crawl, then walk, before you run, right? I don't believe in the "you'll outgrow it too fast" theory. Salespeople at motorcycle dealerships just want to sell you the biggest bike you can afford, whether or not it is the right bike for you.

My experience with the other bikes helped me to gain the skills needed to move up to the CTX700 and really put her through her paces.

randy1149

1970 Honda CB175. Gold/White
1971 Honda CL350 Blue/Black
1975 Suzuki GT750 (Water Buffalo) Black
1980 Suzuki GS550 Black.
1986 Suzuki VS700 Intruder Red
1996 Honda 1500 Valkyrie Red/White
2003 Honda 1800 Goldwing Red
2009 Kawasaki 1700 Vulcan Voyager Blue
2015 Honda CTX700 Blue

I grew out of some and some grew out of me... as time goes on.

ponydrvr

1967 Honda C90 - I rode it for two years then family life got in the way. Restarted riding in 2008 with a Piaggio MP3 400 went 70,000 miles and sold it to buy the CTX in 2014.

I saw it in Indy at the Annual Motorcycle show in January. Bought it in February, After a few modifications it fits me perfectly.

troup1998

I rode my brother-in-law's Kymco scooter in 2014, then went out and got my first bike; a Linhai Aeolus 300 (275cc) scooter.

Rode it for 28 months; then I found the CTX700; just bought it. Now I have 120 miles on the CTX and love it.