Accessory speakers search

Dynaflow79r

Only had my CTX700 dct abs for two weeks. Been out riding it and enjoying the great fall we're having here in Massachusetts. Here's a question for you...There are speaker grills left and right of the instrument pod in the fairing. I can reach down and under these grills and feel a small housing. I went to my local Honda dealer asking if Honda had speakers that fit these housings beneath the grills. They couldn't find anything and are telling me that since the bike is so new, Honda may be working on adding these to the accessories list. The parts manager said that the CTX has been sold in Europe for 8 years and that the web might contain sites where aftermarket accessory sellers may be selling them and others as well.

Have any of you fitted speakers to the fairing yet?

Thanks

burdicda

Will get back to ya

Having years of sound reinforcement experience..wiring and digital electronics I have mod a goldwing with a 4 channel
amp and hard cased speakers so powerful I drove up to a live concert and drown out the band...LOL

I just bought a CTX700D two days ago off the showroom and I am "On the case" of investigating those empty speaker grills....might take awhile....haven't seen anyone else blazing the trail...but if and when I succeed...will get back here..

MJC

Super Moderator
I installed a old pair of cycle sound speakers. There is a screwed in plate under the grill, you remove that, cut out what you do not need but will still hold the speaker in place. The biggest speakers you can fit in there are about 3 and 1/4" wide. DSCF3650.jpg If you look real close you can see the speaker.

ofdave

the original post is pretty old but still a good question, hope the OP is still around
mjc you did a great job with the install
now tell us what tunes you listen to