Range Rover Runs Over Bikers :(

willstat

Has anyone seen this video? It is awful. Apparently one of the bikers hit by this dumb range rover driver is now paralyzed and seeking financial support. What the hell? Why did everyone act so stupidly here? Not only the range rover driver but the bikers for coming to a stop on the highway while surrounding the rover driver. Here's the video:

Trellum

Wow, I just watched this video and coul'd believe my eyes! I wonder what happened next, those bikes seemed quite mad! I feel so sorry for the paralized biker :( Some drivers are so reckless, and they're the main reason I'm a bit scared to ride a bike sometimes. Some people shouldn't be driving in the first place!

willstat

I also want to see what happened next. I bet the bikers kicked that driver's butt! I know the bikers that I roll with would do something like that. We have a pack mentality that is for sure. I'm not sure how the legalities of this shake out but I really don't like how the driver reacted to the bikers stopping in front of him on the highway. You don't answer that type of a taunt by slamming on the gas and plowing over the bikers. It's wrong.

andre92

That's tragic though, both sides are to blame for this mishap but to ride over a guy is way too far for me really.

sn1

I got a biker crew that bad ass like them but they try to keep their temper and everyone tries not to mess with them and they won't mess with you, its that simple.

Chaos

Trellum

I also want to see what happened next. I bet the bikers kicked that driver's butt! I know the bikers that I roll with would do something like that. We have a pack mentality that is for sure. I'm not sure how the legalities of this shake out but I really don't like how the driver reacted to the bikers stopping in front of him on the highway. You don't answer that type of a taunt by slamming on the gas and plowing over the bikers. It's wrong.

Can you believe they're totally against the bikers in this case? They were charged... and the poor guy who will no longer be able to walk was totally demonized by the media! Now they're saying he has a criminal record, and he and his girlfriend are after the money. Everyone is seeing the driver as the victim, according to them the driver was with his family. I don't care what they say... that poor rider won't be able to ever walk against because of that driver!

hbmm

i know someone who is now paralysed in a wheelchair for life because someone in a land rover hit him. It's just terrible

Chaos

That poor biker was a foul in the first place when he decided to block a 2 tonnes car with a 200kg bike. I am sorry for him, but it was his mistake, and he should thinked that the driver would try to protect his family by any means. Even if the driver would have been a martial arts expert with balls of steel he was outnumbered and in a really bad situation, he did the only smart thing possible even if it was a cowardly action. Run or stay and fight, he decided to run.

novasparker

I will have to say that in most cases the bikers the ones held accountable for accidents, regardless of true fault, because a few riders act irresponsibly when on their bikes, so the rest of us take the blame for it. However, with that being said, n this particular incident, I think that there is some fault borne by the riders. This was a tragic accident that spun out of control on both sides. I feel badly for both the driver and his family as well as the biker who became paralyzed. It could have all been avoided if people would act rationally.

Trellum

I totally agree, to be honest this whole incident was quite weird, this video didn't show everything that happened after the rider was ran over. I watched it and I was like wow! I've watched the whole video already and I stronly believe this could have been prevented.

mevsthor

I knew the video you were talking about before I even clicked. The whole thing seems really iffy to me, I think that both parties are in the wrong. If I remember correctly a handful of the bikers got charged. It's an all around sickening video if you ask me.

andrew172

All parties are at fault here. To be fair, being surrounded by that many is probably a very intimidating thing and before anything happened, one them appeared to be stopping in an attempt to stop the Range Rover for no reason. I would not want to have been the driver of that car. So many thoughts would be going through my head if I were to find myself surrounded by so many bikers. On the one hand, I would know I'm also own a biker myself and that we're mostly nice people. But on the other hand there are many horror stories about how people get stopped in their cars and murdered. And being surrounded by that many bikers, if they so intended to harm the driver of the range rover, no one would be able to stop them. I can understand why the driver of the Range Rover would be extremely intimidated and want to get as far as possible from the bikers if was under threat. And threat could have been implied or misconstrued when that one biker made an attempt to stop the car. Were I any one of the bikers, I would have tried to be polite to fellow road users, knowing that in such a pack we can be an intimidating sight. And if I were the range rover driver I would simply have slowed down and made and effort to not be in the middle of the pack, whereas he seemed to just be maintaining his speed and staying in the middle. A little light braking in attempt to get behind them would have been smart. though without getting a closer look at the situation or finding out what was on their minds, I guess we can't really say anything for certain. Still, what happened was extremely avoidable.

Trellum

Did you watch the whole video, Andrew? This incident was pretty scary, specially for the driver of the range rover and his family. I might be wrong, but I was told this man was traveling with his wife and kids. If I recall right I remember a lot bikers surrounding the vehicle and trying to pull him out from it! All I could think in that moment was: ''Jesus, I'd hate to be that guy!''. That must have been one of the most scary situations this poor family has and iwll probably ever face in their lives. I was thinking about the kids when I was watching the whole video! I can only imagine the moments of terror they must have lived (if they indeed were inside the vehicle!). If I recall right they even broke a window as well?

Trellum

I knew the video you were talking about before I even clicked. The whole thing seems really iffy to me, I think that both parties are in the wrong. If I remember correctly a handful of the bikers got charged. It's an all around sickening video if you ask me.

Yeah, did you pay attention to what happened towards the end of the video? It was chilling!!! It really made me wonder how that ended and what happened next. I read the driver was with his family at the time this incident took place. In my opinion it looked like some of the riders were playing around, a guy got hurt as a result and they all went berzerk on the range rover driver!

jonnypop

URGH man that is horrendous. the worst part of motor bikes is the lack of safety that comes with riding one.

Also no matter how safe you are there is always a risk of other inconsiderate buffoons on the roads.

Ride safely guys.

Trellum

A guy involved in this incident can no longer walk :( But I still think the driver of that range rover had a really hard time as well. Terrifying to say the least! That still doesn't change the fact a man will no longer be able to walk :( Saddest part is the fact this could have been avoided so easily.

andrew172

It's true that there were kids in the car, and the bikers should not have chased after the car. That was quite inhumane to attack a car that had a children in it. What the bikers were doing (riding a straight stretch of road in order to pull off tricks, which is something that many large groups do) is very illegal. I suppose, if you're in a group of people and you're all breaking the law then what happens to is your own fault (not to say that being paralyzed is a justified punishment, but when you break the law to do something, you can't then expect it to be on your side to justify it.... it's kind of like breaking into a house but tripping over and falling on a knife and dying. You probably didn't deserve to die, but at the same time, you should not have been doing what you were doing. The law is there for a reason- to stop things like this happening). After further research supposedly one or more of the bikers stopped the car and one of them slashed the tires and this is what prompted the driver to drive away crushing one of the bikers. If this was my family and I was the driver, I would have done the same (but I would also have told the passenger to call the cops).

Oivas

Oh my God!! What the hell was that b******d thinking?? Should have been arrested and made to pay for all that.. What happened after that?