Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I got my license at 19 and I bought my first bike at 22 it was a SH white 2001 Yamaha R1. Now that I think about it was a pretty stupid thing to do for a beginner, 130bhp for a 400 pounds bike for a newbie is a lot, I was lucky I escaped uninjured. I learned a lot during the 3 years I had that bike and in 2007 after a long break from motorcycling I bought a 2006 R6, it was love on first sight. I still ride the R6 every day.
    Woah, you are so right! You are so lucky you didn't hurt yourself, how did you manage to control that beast? Do you still have it or you sold it? It's awesome you still ride your R6 I want to get my own bike soon as well, the CTX700 is perfect for newbies such as myself so I think I'll be fine

I was 18 years old. I'd never even considered riding or getting a bike before, but after that I loved it! I then bought my own one a few years later.

Same here, before getting on that bike I never even thought of owning or even riding one, but after that one time... my perception of bikes and riding them totally changed! I fell totally in love!!!! It's amazing you started riding bikes young

Quote Originally Posted by Trellum View Post
    Same here, before getting on that bike I never even thought of owning or even riding one, but after that one time... my perception of bikes and riding them totally changed! I fell totally in love!!!! It's amazing you started riding bikes young
    Indeed, I loved that feeling of first riding a bike and everything changing when I did! I wish I could relive that experience.

It was only until a year back that i got the feel of a bike-drive.It was a RE Thunderbird that made my day,a beast in itself and was poised to enhance the pleasure of leisure motorcycling.I was numb when it started off,words cant describe it.The 350 CC engine propelled me forward very smoothly and within minutes i was up and away at 60 miles/hr,had it not been for my friend's scream i would have manoeuvred it past limits.I now own a unicorn that ain't comparable with the first ride,but still that is all i can ride now.

I started riding a bike when I was 17 although I didn't have a license. Never rode regularly though just enough to satisfy my urge, you can say, at that age. Most of my friends also started riding early and that's how I got influenced by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I started riding a bike when I was 17 although I didn't have a license. Never rode regularly though just enough to satisfy my urge, you can say, at that age. Most of my friends also started riding early and that's how I got influenced by them.
    If I may, how did you have a bike if you didn't have a license? Or did you borrow someone else's?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew172 View Post
    If I may, how did you have a bike if you didn't have a license? Or did you borrow someone else's?
    Hehehe!!! I was wondering the exact same thing! My country is a mess, but I think they don't allow young people to ride bikes without a license. I gotta like that. So many reckless riders and drivers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Really? I'm guessing you asked someone to lend you the bike, right? I must admit I started driving at a really early age, I started when I was just 15, my mom taught me how to drive just in case there was an emergency. So I'm in no place to judge anyone for driving/riding without a license

Quote Originally Posted by bala View Post
    It was only until a year back that i got the feel of a bike-drive.It was a RE Thunderbird that made my day,a beast in itself and was poised to enhance the pleasure of leisure motorcycling.I was numb when it started off,words cant describe it.The 350 CC engine propelled me forward very smoothly and within minutes i was up and away at 60 miles/hr,had it not been for my friend's scream i would have manoeuvred it past limits.I now own a unicorn that ain't comparable with the first ride,but still that is all i can ride now.
    You are so lucky!!!!! That bike is awesome!!!! I've never rode it, but I've heard it's an amazing bike!!! My cousin has a friend who owns one, so I can only say wow!!! So, how old are you anyway? You described your first riding experience well, but didn't tell us how old you were