Have you altered your bike's appearance to make it look more girly?

willstat

My husband says I should put some sort of flare on my bike to make it more stylish and feminine. He's not 100% serious but I did give it some though. I'd like some pink trim painted on the bike but I'm not sure where I'd have it done. Do the girls on the forum have any feminine modifications for their bike? Pink helmet perhaps?

Trellum

I haven't my own bike right now, but once I get it... I might not work on mods to make it look more girly :p I actually like the tough look of some bikes, specially the bobbers. For some reason I don't like girly stuff. I'm a girl, but I guess I've always been a tomboy :eek:

hbmm

There was a post on hot pink bikes on here recently and some of those looked great, I wouldn't mind one of them! but no, i havent done anything to my own. A pink helmet might be a good start:)

firelily99

I haven't done anything like that because I am a traditionalist in terms of what the bike looks like. My jacket does have some embellishments but on the whole I like things the way that they are.

Stallion

Yes I think feminine colors can be used to make it girly if you want to. In any case a bike is a feminine gender, at least as far as language goes! Can't say about these beasts they are more masculine than feminine.

Oivas

Willstat

I think you should go by what you like, especially now that your Husband's the one who suggested it.. Just for the record last week I spotted a pink colored 883 near my place. Whoever thought that the Harleys were for the big dudes.. :)

novasparker

No. I have altered my motorcycle, but not in order to make it more girly. I like having it look sleek and stylish, more classy and somewhat of a performance machine. I don't need a pink motorcycle for people to know that I am a girl who rides. I just like having a good looking bike that people can admire for what it is, not for who rides it. Plus, my hubby rides it some too, so having pink streamers isn't a great idea.

firelily99

I'm more traditional so that I would prefer the bike as how it is. If they can't tell that I am a girl when I'm riding then they should get themselves a new set of glasses!

RedBaronRider

I find that wearing a full Scorpion protective kit (Nip/Tuck jacket and Savannah pants) makes me instantly recognizable as a "girl on a bike."

As for making my bike girly, I just added a Snoopy doll. Dog is my copilot, after all.

Woodswoman

I have not. My bike is "basic black" with no decoration. Since I ride in full gear all the time, people really can't tell my gender at a glance.

It can be fun when they realize I'm a girl. :)

One day a couple of months ago, I stopped at a traffic light where I was first in line. A woman pushing a baby in a stroller, accompanied by a boy of perhaps 4 or 5, approached the crosswalk. I made eye contact, nodded, and signaled with my hand that they were safe to cross.

The little boy said, "Hello," as they went by, and I answered, "Hello!"

When they'd finished crossing the street, I heard the little boy say, with surprise in his voice, "Mama, that was a LADY on that black motorcycle!"

Jchan

I have not. My bike is "basic black" with no decoration. Since I ride in full gear all the time, people really can't tell my gender at a glance.

It can be fun when they realize I'm a girl. :)

One day a couple of months ago, I stopped at a traffic light where I was first in line. A woman pushing a baby in a stroller, accompanied by a boy of perhaps 4 or 5, approached the crosswalk. I made eye contact, nodded, and signaled with my hand that they were safe to cross.

The little boy said, "Hello," as they went by, and I answered, "Hello!"

When they'd finished crossing the street, I heard the little boy say, with surprise in his voice, "Mama, that was a LADY on that black motorcycle!"

I had a somewhat similar experience - my "girlie attachment" to the bike is my ponytail (a function of being a lazy guy when it comes to haircuts, not a woman): I was riding to work one day, and a biker was following me for a while. When we came to a stop light, she - turned out she was a she - pulled up next to me and smiled at me, thinking I was a fellow female rider.... until she saw my beard when I flipped up my visor....

I suspect that part of the reason cars keep their distance behind me is due to the pony tail.... so it functions as a useful safety feature I'd recommend. Also saves several hours and many dollars a year from sitting in a barber's chair.

Woodswoman

I've got the DCT transmission, which according to certain people on the "Other" forum is "girlie". According to them, real men use a clutch. I'm 72 and have a bad case of Osteo Arthritis. which prevents me from smoothly operating a clutch. That was a safety issue for me on my Harley, so I got the CTX w/DCT. I suppose that we'll have more "Girlie men" joining the ranks when the new Gold Wings w/DCT show up.

Remember that old TV ad from some years ago? "Confidence is very sexy, don't you think?"

Real men -- and real women for that matter -- don't give a flying crap about others' opinions of what they choose to ride. I did the heavyweight bagger thing for years, and have moved in another direction. Got nothing to prove, and it sounds like you don't, either. If the bike makes you happy, ride it.

My husband is very, VERY interested in the new DCT-equipped Goldwing. If he busts the move, I guess he and I can be "girlie" together.

BobWitte

Remember that old TV ad from some years ago? "Confidence is very sexy, don't you think?"

Real men -- and real women for that matter -- don't give a flying crap about others' opinions of what they choose to ride. I did the heavyweight bagger thing for years, and have moved in another direction. Got nothing to prove, and it sounds like you don't, either. If the bike makes you happy, ride it.

My husband is very, VERY interested in the new DCT-equipped Goldwing. If he busts the move, I guess he and I can be "girlie" together.

Tell him he can use one of my "gender politics" lines, by saying that he is a cross dressing, transgender lesbian!:confused::D

mtvic

Bob will go on any site, we just can't get him on his trike!

Me, I'm trying to make it more manly.

Attachments

• IMG_20171218_150424.jpg
    IMG_20171218_150424.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 86

BobWitte

No. I have altered my motorcycle, but not in order to make it more girly .... <snip> .... Plus, my hubby rides it some too, so having pink streamers isn't a great idea.

Well, if he is ever hassled by some nitwit PC Snowflake he can use one of my retorts by telling them he is a "cross dressing, trans-gendered lesbian!! :confused::rolleyes::) ).