How many of you own a CTX700?

Trellum

Hello guys! I was wondering how many of you actually own a CTX700. I'm still thinking on the bike I want to buy, I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the CTX700 and the bolt. There are several things I really like about the CTX700, but the bolt looks like a really awesome bike (I love bobbers). It'd be really nice if someone who owns a CTX700 could tell me more about his/her experiences with this bike. Why do you like it? Why you picked the CTX700 over other bikes?

Last edited:

willstat

I do own a ctx700. It is a black one. 2010 model. I bought it second hand after deciding to upgrade from my Honda Ruckus moped and have not looked back or slowed down yet. I don't know much about the bolt. I love the handling of the ctx. It feels perfect on cornering and makes me feel safe in terms of the bike's balance. I also love its sleek design. It's a real eye catcher. That's the main reason why I picked it as I'm a stylish girl and I want to look good while having fun in public.

Trellum

I do own a ctx700. It is a black one. 2010 model. I bought it second hand after deciding to upgrade from my Honda Ruckus moped and have not looked back or slowed down yet. I don't know much about the bolt. I love the handling of the ctx. It feels perfect on cornering and makes me feel safe in terms of the bike's balance. I also love its sleek design. It's a real eye catcher. That's the main reason why I picked it as I'm a stylish girl and I want to look good while having fun in public.

Yeah, bike's balance is super important. I already ride my cousin's bolt from time to time, I actually feel very comfortable riding it... but I'm not that good at taking this kind of decision. Because once I buy a bike, it will take me a while to upgrade again... so far the CTX700 looks like a good option for me. I think I'd look better on one of them, specially because I'm a girl!

andre92

I own a black 2011 model and its running great. Just like new I might sell it for a brand new one but not sure yet.

Chaos

I own a 2011 black model. I have no photos on this computer but I will post some soon. The bike looks great and runs even better. I am a proud owner.

Trellum

Wow, I had no idea this bike was available in grey as well!? I thought the only colours available were black, red and white pearl! I'm thinking of getting a black one!

Trellum

I own a black 2011 model and its running great. Just like new I might sell it for a brand new one but not sure yet.

The black one is my favorite one actually, it really suits this bike... not so sure about the other colours tho. I'm going to test ride a 2011 model next week, I wanted a new one, but I guess a 2011 will do. I'm still playing with the idea of getting a bolt, but if this guy gives me the right price I might go for it!

Trellum

I own a 2011 black model. I have no photos on this computer but I will post some soon. The bike looks great and runs even better. I am a proud owner.

Hi Chaos! Yes, please do that! I'd love to see more pictures of this awesome bike! I'm so looking forward to being a proud owner of one as well! I'll test ride one next week, so wish me good luck!

Trellum

That's awesome!!! I drive tested one, same year last week! I must say I really liked the feel of the bike, it will be a hard decision between the CTX700 and the bolt! So far it's a tie ;)

hbmm

oooooh yes, that's a difficult one. I love my CTX700 but i've heard loads of great things about the bolt too. have you test rode them both?

kathybrj

I'm seriously looking into buying a CTX with full fairing and bags. Hubby rides a Kawasaki Concours and we do some long distance traveling. I'm just not sure I can go the $$ for a new one at this time.

Trellum

I know how you feel! I would love to buy a new bike, but being realistic, I think I'll have no choice but settling for a used one. I'm kinda nervious tho, because there are so many things to look for when buying a used bike... it's like buying a used car.

Trellum

oooooh yes, that's a difficult one. I love my CTX700 but i've heard loads of great things about the bolt too. have you test rode them both?

I test rode a CTX700 a few weeks ago :) I can really tell the difference between the CTX700 and the bolt :) This bike is definitely perfect for all those riders who are just starting and are not that good with bikes! I lose the low gravity center this bike has... I'm more familiar with the bolt tho. I guess it helps my cousin was the one who got me started on this ;)

andrew172

I own a second hand naked model black CTX and it's the best machine I've ever owned. Not to mention the most beautiful. And I get 65 mpg so I save a lot on fuel costs. I can't say I know much about the Bolt or know of anyone who has one but I will say that I've never had a single issue with my CTX and I don't have any regrets buying it.

Trellum

Woah, it really sounds like you really like the CTX700 :) I'm actually thinking of buying an used one... got any tips for me? I feel a bit uneasy when I think of buying a second hand bike, did you buy it from someone you know well or just from a random private seller? I'm so nervious when I think about this. I have some ideas on what I should ask when I go take a look and what to expect when I test ride it. But some extra tips would be nice :)

andrew172

I'm an owner I bought a naked model second hand about a year ago and I really enjoy it. Andre92- if it's running as good as new then you probably don't need to trade it in to buy a new one, especially if it's your first bike. I don't know if it is your first bike or not but my CTX is my first bike and I'm far too sentimental to ever part ways with it.

hdejong

I currently own one and my brother recently sold his. I love mine and my brother didn't have any complaints while he had his. Overall its a great bike and you will love the ride.