4 Years old and still loving my CTX700N!!!

Spirit 4

I built a 2 cycle motorbike and later bought a 4 cycle motorbike which I rode for more than a 1,000 miles over 2 years before getting my MC endorsement on my license. I kicked tires, took some test rides, intense research, counted my money but 2 weeks after getting the license I bought my 2014 CTX700N. I couldn't be happier and as I have said many times before, she is a keeper! Just for the record, I'll be 75 and making up for lost time riding on my Honda!

Here is a brief look at the bike after 4 years and 6,330 mile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiP0RwVQmy4&t=11s

Jimmy H.
AKA Spirit IV

Woodswoman

Hooray! Great stuff, Jimmy!

I've just finished six years of riding 'Flicker,' and the darned thing continues to make me stupidly happy. This is the longest I have ever owned a single bike, beating the previous record-holder, my Victory Cross Roads, which I owned for 5 years.

Too right, a keeper. Not another bike out there right now that interests me enough to consider switching.

Dpet3324

I built a 2 cycle motorbike and later bought a 4 cycle motorbike which I rode for more than a 1,000 miles over 2 years before getting my MC endorsement on my license. I kicked tires, took some test rides, intense research, counted my money but 2 weeks after getting the license I bought my 2014 CTX700N. I couldn't be happier and as I have said many times before, she is a keeper! Just for the record, I'll be 75 and making up for lost time riding on my Honda!

Here is a brief look at the bike after 4 years and 6,330 mile!

Jimmy H.
AKA Spirit IV
I agree. ! I’m 67. Riding since age 16. Never stoped riding. Owned MANY bikes. This 15 ctx700d is favorite (after I built it out). 25,000 miles so far..complete new suspension and mid pegs. I like what you have done to your bike !

AlohaRider

I was reading a thread on an A/V site today about big subwoofers, and someone made a motorcycle analogy "If you already have a 1100 cc bike that can flip over with a twist of the throttle, do you really need a bigger engine?". I don't think I'm in danger of any wheelies, and I love my bike, but few things would please me more that Honda giving us the 745cc engine.

Woodswoman

I was reading a thread on an A/V site today about big subwoofers, and someone made a motorcycle analogy "If you already have a 1100 cc bike that can flip over with a twist of the throttle, do you really need a bigger engine?". I don't think I'm in danger of any wheelies, and I love my bike, but few things would please me more that Honda giving us the 745cc engine.

I quite agree with you, @AlohaRider. If Honda were to update the CTX700 with the 745 motor and the latest-generation DCT, I'd probably throw down for one.

I still have hopes for the future, but at the same time I'm not holding my breath.