Top Speed -- 2013 Honda CTX700 "Review"

ctx

Great information! Very happy to hear such positive things about this bike and very excited to hopefully hear more. I know this article is a bit dated now but it's fun to go back and realize how much more we know versus some of the speculation at the time this article was written. Well written article - thanks again for posting it! More stuff like this please :).

dilare

Absolute beauty.. looks like a classy model. However, it might have some major changes from the older versions.

dilare

Look

Absolute beauty.. looks like a classy model. However, it might have some major changes from the older versions.

bala

Can anybody perspicuously explain what is a Dual Clutch Transmission.Is this the reason why this CTX-700 is endowed with Automatic transmission.Does that allow manual shifting as well.? Also can anybody tell me if there is a chance of unveiling this bike in INDIA ? This has made me go crazy,i am desperate to have this in my garage..:p
has anybody actually test driven this,can u reveal more information regarding the prominent and noteworthy aspects of this bike.?

Athena

I know this is an old thread, but the question remained unanswered. DCT or Dual Clutch Transmission now in Version 2, was developed by Honda, specifically for the future outlook of automatic motorcycles. Two clutches mesh seamlessly to provide 1 - 6 gears. One clutch controls Gears 1,. 3 and 5, the other 2, 4, and 6, thus allowing the computer to select the gear appropriate for the speed, without any hesitation. This methodology is used in top line racing cars also. The DCT transmission allows for paddle shifting of gears manually, a full manual mode, and an automatic Sport and Drive mode. The need for a clutch is removed so you can concentrate on riding. In fact the CTX series is an acronym for Comfort, Technology and eXperience, designed for safe enjoyable riding. By now you probably have a release in India, as well as the European version of the NM4, the CTX bigger version (but still 700cc unless in Europe where it is 750cc.).