Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kick stand mod

Quote Originally Posted by BobWitte View Post
    I just got an email from Mark @MadStad answering my query from yesterady about ETA for their new kickstand pad for the CTX's. He said they are scheduled to do a run this next week (around Tuesday or so). So those interested might check their website and/or give them a call about price and availability.
    Yep. I went by this week and met with Engineer. As soon as the prototype is done they will let me know to come by to be sure the fit and angle are correct. They are working off your stand, but they want to try it out on my actual bike. They know there will be several requests for initial run. I will post pics when completed.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

2. Thanks BobWitte, Woodswoman thanked for this post
    Likes BobWitte liked this post
    So…hasn’t rained here in 3 weeks. Mark from Madstad asks if I can come by for fitting on bike. Checking out weather forecast and it looks bad…I mean really bad… big front coming through. He says he could mail it, but I said no, it’s going to take some fit and finish I’m sure and I should come in… next week. He says “but I’ve got these forum guys all over me for one…” so I cave. Nigh rain or sleet, floods or howling winds shall keep me from my appointed rounds…or something like that… and I go in… just for you ‘all.
    And it did… rained cats and dogs, trash cans passing me, Tornado warnings, downed tree branches… going home and no power at house.
    All good now, and the verdict? Phase one complete. The angle is off, did some shaving on high points while I was there, but not quite done. Also, rear needs slight reduction not to hit plastic when up.

So, they are making a new one and we’ll see if that gets it. I’m not going back in these conditions though!

If you want to see pics... head over to the "other" site.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

4. Thanks Woodswoman thanked for this post
    Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Oh my Lord ... talk about taking one for the team!!

Glad you're OK, mtvic. Don't be crazy again, hear?
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80