Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I actually used a cooling shirt, the kind you get wet and then put on, several years ago, when I did long-distance on my BMW. It worked pretty well I never had any real problems with it, but as long as air is flowing through my riding equipment, I'm fine with just a coolMax T-shirt. It works good.
    Glen
    2016 CTX DCT
    2015 PCX 150
    2018 HR-V

Good plan on temps and gear. It slows me down a bit, but from experience it can save your life! PS the family demands!

Jimmy

I have the same limits.

I expect to receive a Veskimo cooling system today. I'm eager to try it out next week s the temps rise to the mid 90's again.

I took my first ride with my Veskimo Cooling system. I didn't turn the cold water pump off for the better part of my ride. I felt like I was in a meat locker! The water was cooled with one five lb bag of ice and a quart of water. I am installing the timer to keep from getting frostbite on my body! The only good thing was that I wore my mesh jacket instead of my Kilimanjaro All Weather Jacket. They say to close all vents and turn down the pump to minimum when starting out.

I thought about getting this last fall. I waited though till Veskimo was in the biggest part of their season to order so I had to wait a bit. I had some health problems crop up and could not ride until this week. If I had had this it might have helped reduce the overwhelming fatigue from the heat when I did try to ride.

Anyway, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this cooling system.

6. Thanks kujawskir thanked for this post