Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kick stand mod

Kick stand mod

I just had this kickstand extension done today. I thought the bike leaned way too much. This is made from a 3/4 inch aluminum block. I was going to use steel, but it felt to heavy and I was afraid that I would hit a bump and the weight of the steel one might cause the side stand to drop.

Name:  DSC04708 small.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  97.1 KB
    This is the lean with the modded kick stand.

Name:  DSC04709 small.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  99.6 KB
    This is the kickstand from the top.
    Name:  DSC04712 small.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  98.1 KB
    This is a close up.

2. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    that's almost exactly what I did a couple years ago.
    It provides peace of mind when parking off pavement.
    Nice job.
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

Nice. I've been trying to get MadStad to make a pad enlarger. Available for many other bikes.
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

5. Thanks Woodswoman thanked for this post
    I carry one of those cheap plastic bases in the gas cap area when I park on gravel but your bike seems to lean quite a bit compared to mine. Possibly it is the view from the camera. As it sits in the garage I think the lean is just right to keep it from being blown over. I took a pic and it is leaning at around 15 degrees on a flat surface stock. I really appreciate your post and keep them coming. I really appreciate people who take the intuitive to creatively solve issues to make their bike there own.
    Name:  kickstand1.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  87.3 KBName:  kickstand2.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  97.9 KB
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

I did the same thing after I raised my seat height by shortening the suspension links. I had a machine shop cross drill hales to remove over 50% of the weight pulling on the kickstand. Then I finally took off the kick stand and had it lengthened to fit the dimension of the lift block and had a larger footpad installed. Now, it is imperceptible that any change has been made.

BTW: if anyone wants my old extender just PM me and for the cost of postage it will be yours.

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    MTVic reported on the other forum that he has been in contact with MadStad, and has been told that they are starting to develop a kickstand enlarger for our bikes.

I have just messaged MadStad via their FB page ( https://www.facebook.com/MadstadEngineering/ ) and said I'll take one as soon as it comes to market. Maybe some of you would like to do the same. Can't hurt to let them know they've got our interest.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

Woodswoman is correct. They are now making pad enlargers for some bikes and hope to have one for ours. They need a test bike and I'm out of town and hope to take it to them in a few weeks. Hopefully will be available by end of year. I have one on my NM4 and no longer need a to carry a "pad."
    2014 CTX 700 dct
    2016 NM4

10. Likes Woodswoman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtvic View Post
    Woodswoman is correct. They are now making pad enlargers for some bikes and hope to have one for ours. They need a test bike and I'm out of town and hope to take it to them in a few weeks. Hopefully will be available by end of year. I have one on my NM4 and no longer need a to carry a "pad."
    Working with Mike, I arranged for a couple of guys from MadStad came by my house yesterday to pick up my kickstand I gave them off my trike. That should move the R&D effort near the top of the stack, so stand by for further developments.
    Former rides: 1955 Triumph 150cc Tiger Cub; 1959 98cc Moto Parilla; 1948 Harley 80ci FL police model; 1964 Honda 250cc CB72; 1991 1200cc Sportster trike; 2006 Hyosung GV650 trike; 1982 Honda SilverWing GL500i trike
    Currently: 2014 Honda CTX700 trike

12. Thanks Woodswoman, kujawskir thanked for this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    AWESOME! Thanks, Bob!
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

14. Thanks BobWitte thanked for this post