Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

NOT a self-driving motorcycle!

"For this project ... not our goal to develop a self driving motorcycle."
    So it starts it's engine, takes off without a rider, negotiates turns, and stops on it's own - but they are only learning about the dynamics so they can create technologies to assist inattentive riders, not take over for them.
    Very much like the self-balancing prototype Honda showed off a couple years ago, BMW has been "working behind closed doors for two years" on this one:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/12/...afety-efforts/

2. Likes Steven, 12MANY liked this post
    This would be great if after leaving the bar you get pulled over you can say but officer I wasn’t driving!!!
    CTX700ND DCT/ABS

4. Likes kujawskir liked this post
    You remind me of a blind man my father knew in the 50's or 60's who took the wheel after hours when the street was empty with his friend calling out directions from the passenger seat. The constable didn't see value in ticketing the blind guy with no license and didn't want to explain ticketing the other guy, so they promised never to do it again and he cut em loose.

Quote Originally Posted by kujawskir View Post
    You remind me of a blind man my father knew in the 50's or 60's who took the wheel after hours when the street was empty with his friend calling out directions from the passenger seat. The constable didn't see value in ticketing the blind guy with no license and didn't want to explain ticketing the other guy, so they promised never to do it again and he cut em loose.

I see similar every day.
    Except the drivers aren't blind.
    They're texting or on the phone or putting on make-up or picking up something from the floor.
    Not vision blind but blind never the less.
    Those drivers are why we have lane change control and auto braking from the car in front.
    Not being responsible for what you are doing has reached epidemic proportions.
    Not just in cars but in daily life.
    I'm waiting for the lawsuit against Stanley Tool because someone hit their finger while pounding nails. How could they sell a hammer that allowed that to happen?
    '14N
    keep your word, no excuses

7. Likes kujawskir liked this post
    Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Quote Originally Posted by kujawskir View Post
    "For this project ... not our goal to develop a self driving motorcycle."
    This ^^ is lawyers talking.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

9. Likes kujawskir liked this post