Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 750-cc CTX?

Northern Catskill Mountains, upstate New York
    Quote Originally Posted by kujawskir View Post
    Second: 900cc to 1800cc full dress long distance touring comfort, with a trailer hitch. Again, not in that market for few more years.
    That's what I had before I switched to the CTX, but without the trailer hitch. (See my signature.) I kept both for a year, but found I wasn't doing enough long distance trips to make it worth keeping the bagger. So it went to a retired buddy who in short order rode it from Long Island down to Daytona Bike Week. THAT's what the Cross Roads was meant for, not piddling weekend trips.

Sometimes I still can't believe I sold my "apex" bike and kept the CTX. Pretty counter-intuitive after I spent years gathering the skill to handle a bike as big and heavy as the Victory.

As I describe it, the Victory was the bike of my dreams, and the CTX is the bike of my reality.
    2014 Honda CTX700ND, "Flicker"
    ------------------------------------------------
    Former rides
    Cruisers: Victory Cross Roads, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic, Suzuki Boulevard C50, Suzuki Marauder 800
    Scooters: Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Elite 80

2. Likes rickster liked this post
    There are folks that would upgrade if it were 1cc more never happy regardless...LOL
    I'm done
    50+ yrs of riding everything imaginable
    This is the one
    Enough is enough