Join Today
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California

A reason to ride...

Not that I really need one....

My wife and I were sitting on a swing outside of our room at the B&B in Virginia City Nevada looking out at the interesting weather forming over Six Mile Canyon. The setting sun was at our back and as it dropped below the mountains behind us it illuminated only the top of the cloud layer which was now spitting lightning bolts across the sky. I took a sip from the brandy glass I was holding and realized that I would not be sitting on this swing looking out at this magnificent phenomenon had I not discovered motorcycling only a few years ago. Sure, we could have driven to Virginia City in our car to spend the night...but before the motorcycle, we never did. These overnight excursions provide a great reason to ride....

You can see a larger version of this image here.

Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  98.1 KB

2. Thanks Woodswoman, kujawskir thanked for this post
    Likes casper, Steven, ponydrvr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickster View Post
    Not that I really need one....

My wife and I were sitting on a swing outside of our room at the B&B in Virginia City Nevada looking out at the interesting weather forming over Six Mile Canyon. The setting sun was at our back and as it dropped below the mountains behind us it illuminated only the top of the cloud layer which was now spitting lightning bolts across the sky. I took a sip from the brandy glass I was holding and realized that I would not be sitting on this swing looking out at this magnificent phenomenon had I not discovered motorcycling only a few years ago. Sure, we could have driven to Virginia City in our car to spend the night...but before the motorcycle, we never did. These overnight excursions provide a great reason to ride....

You can see a larger version of this image here.

Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  98.1 KB
    Hello Rick, what a surprise to run into you here. Glad to see you have discovered what adding a motor to two wheels offers. Beautiful site. My wife has just started riding as well. Letís get caught up. Chuck Costa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in Northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiomerchant View Post
    Hello Rick, what a surprise to run into you here. Glad to see you have discovered what adding a motor to two wheels offers. Beautiful site. My wife has just started riding as well. Let’s get caught up. Chuck Costa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chuck...I "PM'd" you...

This looks awesome thanks.
    I was doing an event in Nevada two months ago so I got to ride back home to LA and catch some great views.
    If you need an event planned for you just let me know. I use an event planning software that lets you interact with the planning and also collaborate
    with a seating plan software so we can even start the planning remotely.
    Thanks again

Good story bro! Are this planning software works well?