Photos Please!

Steven

Okay one more..

Bike rider  front small.jpg

BTW, The owner of these signs came out and he thought the CTX was a BMW.

Last edited:

rickster

My wife's bicycle club had their "summer camp" up in the Sierra this year. I went up for some riding too and found myself up near Mount Lassen yesterday. Lassen is one of the volcanoes that extend around the Pacific Ocean in what is known as the "Ring of Fire".

CTX and Lassen.jpg

Steven

I love the scenery that you always post, you're so lucky to have it so close. It's too bad that this site limits the image size. We loose important details that make these photos stand out a little more. Might as well add one more. It was taken near the bike too.

Hammock small.jpg

Last edited:
Ride to Letchwork State Park

Another country ride on my CTX. Took the silver bullet back to Livingston county, where I grew up. The 100 mile ride included a stop at Letchworth State Park (The Grand Canyon of the East), to look at Mt Morris dam. The dam was built around 1950 to manage the spring flooding of the Genesee river as it passed through Rochester on the way to Lake Ontario. Looking at the modest trickle of the Genesee river behind it right now, you might ask "Why did they make it so big". It's about 300 ft. high, and I remember seeing it in 1972, when a hurricane raised the water level to the top. See the post here :

http://letchworthparkhistory.com/flood3.html

Another flawless performance from the CTX....really enjoying the summer.:cool:

Attachments

• L-2.jpg
    L-2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 77
  • L-6.jpg
    L-6.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

casper

Just out of curiosity, is Don and Bob's or vic and Erv's still there at Seabreeze? I've been trying to get our lodge to understand their concept and design.

kujawskir

Long day today, Ada and I went to Aberdeen, MD to spend time with our son and his family on his birthday, then swung by the Strasburg Railroad on the way back home. Gotta get a Corbin seat if we want to do more trips like this, or maybe a bike with better shocks and seats. I love the CTX700's 60 MPG in the city for commuting, I can't see getting rid of that.
Randy and Ada in Strasburg.jpgRandy in Strasburg P_20180630_162926.jpg
Yes, when we left this morning I appreciated having hot coffee to start the day. What little I didn't drink stayed hot all day, as it would have without a thermal mug.

Just out of curiosity, is Don and Bob's or vic and Erv's still there at Seabreeze? I've been trying to get our lodge to understand their concept and design.

Casper the answer to that is yes and no..............The Don and Bob's is still there (now called Don's Original) but the Vic and Irv's right next to it in that stretch of Culver road near Seabreeze Amusement park called "Hot Dog Row", was torn down. The new owners opened up another hot dog place, called Vic's Place, a little further up on Culver.

That Don's Original still has those great ground steak burgers and Chocolate Almond ice cream...I'll attach a link for some nostalgia for you...You can see it still is a biker hangout.:D

http://donsoriginal.com/photos/photos/view_1.html

Last edited:

rickster

Long day today, Ada and I went to Aberdeen, MD to spend time with our son and his family on his birthday, then swung by the Strasburg Railroad on the way back home. Gotta get a Corbin seat if we want to do more trips like this, or maybe a bike with better shocks and seats. I love the CTX700's 60 MPG in the city for commuting, I can't see getting rid of that.

I wouldn't automatically think: " Gotta get a Corbin seat...." I'd think in generic terms of just needing a new seat that would meet my needs for comfort and mileage. That said, I'm 100% happy with the Corbin that I'm sitting on. But, it was made and fitted by Corbin specifically for me and the fitting/refitting/trimming/re-trimming process required to make my seat took 8 hours in their Hayward shop. Any Corbin is going to be a more well crafted seat than that stock seat on the CTX, but an off the shelf Corbin (Lamm/Russell/etc) may or may not fit you comfortably. And that's a lot of money to toss out on a gamble. Is there a custom seat shop that you could work with in your area? (Sorry if I sound like a sound loop on this)

Last edited:

kujawskir

Is there a custom seat shop that you could work with in your area? (Sorry if I sound like a sound loop on this)
No need to 'pologize, you're right on all counts. I've been thinking of all three and getting fitted after she decided we have enough room on the CTX700. I threw out one name cause I was hot and tired from the trip. We should never have left at 2 pm to ride back in the heat.

rickster

CTX in Loomis-P1310219.jpg
The Sierra Nevada foothill towns of Newcastle, Penryn, Loomis, Rocklin and Roseville are on the Sierra Pacific railroad line as it comes west over the mountains. They prospered once upon a time by packing locally grown fruit for shipment around the United States. The colorful packing labels have been redrawn on many of the buildings in the area.

CTX on Lincoln Highway-P1310241.jpg
I've shot this photo before of the Lincoln Highway monument nearby. (Still trying to get it right!) The Lincoln Highway was the first transcontinental highway built in the early 1900's. It's a great piece of local history too and I get to ride it often as it leads higher and higher into our mountains.